BF4 Server rental list

General Support & Discussion related to the Battlefield Series including Hardline, BF4, BF3 BF2142 Ranked & Unranked, BF2 Ranked & unranked, BF1942 & BF:Vietnam.
Post Reply
Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

It seems that a GSP in the UK has already been told that they are not going to be able to host BF4 and considering they provide about half the BF3 servers in the UK that are online now, people are upset. Since Game Servers has not said anything, can we take it that you guys DID make it on to the slimmed down list?
Image

originalhandy
Click my affiliate link
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 am
Location: Nuevo Mexico

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by originalhandy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 am

Any links to info on these companies that aren't allowed to host or is it heresay?

GS never announces anything about servers until they know 100pc

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Gaming Deluxe in the UK supposedly posted on their twitter about it. If you google "BF4 Server rental" you will find more links. Here are two. Second one has some one saying Branzone has also said they are not going to be able to host. First link I posted is indicating there may be only one host. Gameserver?
Now it may just be that one or two have been told they will not be able to host for some given reason. I don't know. Just hoping if they do/have cut the providers down that GS is on the list.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065670062463960/1/
https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?6256-BF4-Limiting-server-admin-owners-OPTIONS-on-where-to-RENT!-WTF!
Image

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Ign is talking about it now.http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/battlefield-4-ea-dice-cull-the-server-hosting-providers.453351953/

It is in their forums but that could lead them to try to find out more info.

Havent seen gameservers mentioned so pretty sure they are getting it.
Image

kingdii
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by kingdii » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Only "assumption" I would make is it's time to wait and see. Often times, these sorts of announcements are of the "we'll (the developer) tell you when it's ok to release that information". And things are always subject to change.

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

That why I said I am assuming GS is getting them. They haven't said a word which indicates they aren't allowed to. The GSPs that aren't getting it have started telling their customers so those customers know other arrangements will have to be made if they want BF4 hosting.
Image

[gs] quon
GameServers Officer
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:08 am
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by [gs] quon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Porthos wrote:That why I said I am assuming GS is getting them. They haven't said a word which indicates they aren't allowed to. The GSPs that aren't getting it have started telling their customers so those customers know other arrangements will have to be made if they want BF4 hosting.


We do not say anything unless it has been explicitly approved by the studio. GSPs that have already said something has a different interpretation of what an nda is.
----

Anthony Quon
GameServers.com

follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/gameservers_com

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:38 am

[gs] quon wrote:
Porthos wrote:That why I said I am assuming GS is getting them. They haven't said a word which indicates they aren't allowed to. The GSPs that aren't getting it have started telling their customers so those customers know other arrangements will have to be made if they want BF4 hosting.


We do not say anything unless it has been explicitly approved by the studio. GSPs that have already said something has a different interpretation of what an nda is.



Thank you. You just proved my point. The GSPs that have said anything are the ones that are not hosting which means no NDA to abide by. Hopefully the studio lets you say something soon. I have money to send lol.
Image

Burn11
Offical GameServers Mascot
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Burn11 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Porthos wrote:
[gs] quon wrote:
Porthos wrote:That why I said I am assuming GS is getting them. They haven't said a word which indicates they aren't allowed to. The GSPs that aren't getting it have started telling their customers so those customers know other arrangements will have to be made if they want BF4 hosting.


We do not say anything unless it has been explicitly approved by the studio. GSPs that have already said something has a different interpretation of what an nda is.



Thank you. You just proved my point. The GSPs that have said anything are the ones that are not hosting which means no NDA to abide by. Hopefully the studio lets you say something soon. I have money to send lol.

I think quon's point was that a NDA is a non-disclosure agreement. The fact that they disclosed something would mean they did not abide by that NDA. I don't think you really have an idea of what an NDA is. NDAs are not "nullified" if the subject matter doesn't turn out to be completely in your favor. GameServers, like many other providers, may or not be hosts - you won't know until its announced.

In otherwords, I would expect that any provider that broke that would likely be considered much less in the future.

At least those are my interpretations and thoughts on quon's post.
If I helped you, consider clicking my affiliate banner below before you purchase your server!

Image

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:28 pm

I know what a NDA is. That was my whole point. The ones that have spoken out are ONLY the ones that are not hosting BF4. That means they do not have any kind of contract for BF4 which means they would NOT have/be subject to a NDA for BF4. Considering the number of GSPs that have came out would indicate that any NDAs for BF3 and BF4 are separate.

I do agree that EA will look less favorably on those that have spoken out when it comes to future game hosting.
Image

Burn11
Offical GameServers Mascot
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Burn11 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 am

The NDA was likely in regards to discussions on becoming a provider for BF4. Again, an NDA isn't nullified because "it doesn't go your way." Think of it this way:

1. You sign an NDA not to discuss the server provider process. The agreement states that you cannot communicate about the process until EA/DICE gives the OK.
2. After signing a legal contract, you then get the requirements, applications, etc. to try to be a GSP
3. Negotiations go through, and you have a "result"

Result 1: You get the hosting contract.

Result 2: You don't get the hosting contract.

In both results, you tell all of your customers before allowed. You broke the NDA by disclosing info early.
If I helped you, consider clicking my affiliate banner below before you purchase your server!

Image

Porthos
No Longer a Newb
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by Porthos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

I agree that is the way it should work. No argument there. If just one GSP had spoken our then yes it would seem that was the process and some one was pissed enough to lash out. But when several have came forward it would indicate that there was no NDA for them because they never made it that far in consideration for hosting. They were disregarded BEFORE it even got to the point of having to sign a NDA because EA/DICE had already decided before hand that they were out.

Regardless, the main point is that since GS isn't saying anything is a good thing. It means that they did make it to the level where a NDA was required to move forward in whatever process EA/DICE is using. Now it is just hurry up and wait.
Image

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:12 am

Re: BF4 Server rental list

Post by [gs] devicenull » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:31 am

Image

Post Reply