Battlefield 3 - [VIDEO] - Connecting to your ProCon Layer

General Support & Discussion related to the Battlefield Series including Hardline, BF4, BF3 BF2142 Ranked & Unranked, BF2 Ranked & unranked, BF1942 & BF:Vietnam.
*UWS*SAMPSON
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: Battlefield 3 - [VIDEO] - Connecting to your ProCon Laye

Post by *UWS*SAMPSON » Sat May 12, 2012 10:50 am

FOLLOW3R wrote:i type everything in and it says it cant connect. it says invalid authentication but i have procon open connected to the server with exactly the same details... help?

Make sure you have ip and password entered correctly from the info tab for your layer.

negative13 wrote:How do I install plugins? I tried FTPing them but it didn't work.

Create a support ticket letting them know what plugin (s) you want AND their link and version. They will install for you.

ejitz

Post by ejitz » Mon May 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for your excellent video. I have to admit that I had absolutely no clue about any of that stuff before I watched it. Nicely done, Sir!

IAnAssI

Post by IAnAssI » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks for this tutorial

GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 am

Sarge1942 wrote:It keeps saying that the password i entered is incorrect, this is the only information i was given regarding the password to the main admin user for my server..

I'm having the same issue trying to connect to the Procon server, it keeps telling me "The password you entered is incorrect"

This is the Procon server password that's needed isn't it? Not the gameserver rcon password?

I've tried both anyway, also FTP'd to the Procon server and checked the config and the password is the same as listed in there.

Did you get this sorted Sarge? Any tips would be appreciated.

8-)

Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Post by Kazzaw » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:43 am

Once you go to the info tab you should be able to see the information you need to connect to the procon server
Kazzaw

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 am

Kazzaw wrote:Once you go to the info tab you should be able to see the information you need to connect to the procon server

Yeah thanks, I do see the info... but it wasn't working.

All good now, I ran the update in the mods section and added a few mods and it suddenly decided to accept the password.

Cheers,
8-)

a962587

Post by a962587 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:53 am

Be aware !
If your game server is BF:BC2,when adding the server in the procon config page,the server port need to be the Admin/Event port : 4888.
Otherwise you can't connect to the procon.

tidaltides
No Longer a Newb

Post by tidaltides » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:30 pm

A very nice tutorial. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Paradox621

Post by Paradox621 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:26 pm

I have checked and double-checked every setting, restarted both servers numerous times, and am still unable to connect to Procon. Reason given - "Target machine actively refused connection". Anyone care to help?

Edit: Worth noting that Procon is unable to connect to either the layer or the server itself with the correct settings.

Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Post by Kazzaw » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Seen this issue a couple of times. pop a ticket into support
Kazzaw

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

oldpunk77

Post by oldpunk77 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am

Hey.I have problem with level variables. I do not see this in my Servers Settings. I have just Details,Configuration,Gameplay,Team Kiling,Config Generator.Everywhere i searched answer but i have found nothing.If anybody can help?