Rcon / AMX Activation & Usage

General Support & Discussion related to Half Life 1 games including Counter Strike 1.6, Condition Zero, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, and Natural Selection.
Allbrook
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Rcon / AMX Activation & Usage

Post by Allbrook » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:53 am

Alrighty gents, go easy on me...i'm a n00b. It's long been a dream of mine to host my own 1.6 pub, and now that i'm a damn adult making my own money, here I am! I've purchased the server, modified name etc, and feel like i'm SO close to the dream being a reality...however...i can't get rcon password or AMX mod to work! When I enter default rcon password from the email I received from gameservers, it says "No password set for this server". I've tried:

-checking the config.cfg file on the FTP to make sure that is the right rcon password, but can't get FireFTP to connect :(

-Installed AMXMOD and metamod via the gameservers control panel (have no idea if it worked, other than it saying it did)

-Installed HLSW but can't get confirmation email to send...it's like HLSW is dead or something.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get rcon/AMX working!?!? Happy to give anyone free admin 4 lyfe who can help me! ;)