HowTo:Having problems with your server?Look here for help!

General Support & Discussion related to Half Life 1 games including Counter Strike 1.6, Condition Zero, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, and Natural Selection.
ScReaM-
No Longer a Newb

HowTo:Having problems with your server?Look here for help!

Post by ScReaM- » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

Hey guys,

because I saw many people who weren't sure about how to add admins to sourcemod, install plugins or how to add new maps and so on I want to write a short HowTo about it:

Table of content:
1.How to install plugins on your server
2.My server is running on an old version and I can't connect to it.What shall i do now?
3.How to add admins to sourcemod
4.How to add new maps to your server
5.How to open the console in Source games

1: How to install plugins to your server:

1.Login to your controlpanel
2.Click +mods in the "Active Subscriptions" section on the server you want to install the mod on
3.Read through the descrptions of the available mods and press on install if you want to add it
4.If you installed all plugins you want to have on your server you simply have to restart your server by clicking on the button named "restart"
5.Now connect to your server and the plugins should work

2.My server is running on an old version and I can't connect to it.What shall i do now?

2.Click +mods in the "Active Subscriptions" section on the server you want to update
3.Install the mod named "Update - Steam"
4.Restart your server by clicking on the button named "restart"
5.Try connecting to your server

3.How to add admins to sourcemod

2.If you haven't installed Sourcemod yet do it first (have a look on 1.(How to install plugins to your server))
3.Click on "Config" in the "Active Subscriptions" section on the server you want to add the admin
4.Go to "Choose File" and choose "Sourcemod administrators" and press "Load config"
5.Add the SteamID (let the person join your server and write status in the console so you can see the SteamID) of the person you want to be admin on your server and add flags (z=root, more information are on the developer page of sourcemod)
6.Press "submit" and restart the server
7.Now the person should be able to use commands like !admin

4.How to add new maps to your server

2.Click on "Info" in the "Active Subscriptions" section on the server you want to add the new map
3.Login to your FTP (if you don't know how to do this have a look on this: http://faq.gameservers.com/videos/ftptut/ )
4.Go to /css/cstrike/maps and upload the previously downloaded map to it
5.Go to /css/cstrike/maplist.txt and to /css/cstrike/mapcircle.txt and add the name of the map to both of them
6.Restart your server

5.How to open the console in Source games

1.Open Steam and visit your libary
2.Press with the right mousebutton on the game to which you want to add the console and press properties
3.Go to "Set launch options" and write -console in it
4.Press "OK" and start the game

If you have any questions/suggestions post them below in the comments and I will answer them as quickly as I can.

If you want to say thanks for this you can click on my banner in my signature before you do your next purchase on gameservers.com
-ScReaM

AnnaCash
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: HowTo:Having problems with your server?Look here for help!

Post by AnnaCash » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 am

I was facing the same problems written in this article. But when I read the whole article I felt amazing because this Edubirdie.org article helped me solve my problem regarding my server. I am really happy and I do not have words to explain how happy I am so thanks for it.