First-time Server Owner

General Support & Discussion related to Half Life 1 games including Counter Strike 1.6, Condition Zero, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, and Natural Selection.
Apicontis323
GameServers.com Forum Newb

First-time Server Owner

Post by Apicontis323 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:54 pm

What do I need to get started? A program to manage the files (mods/plugins)? Help!

[gs] Justadm4
No Longer a Newb

Re: First-time Server Owner

Post by [gs] Justadm4 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Apicontis323,

If you go to my.gameservers.com and login to your members area you should see a list of your subscriptions. If you click on the "Mods" tab which is located across from your server information you can view/install some mods we have available.

If you wish to install mods to your server you can do this as well through the servers FTP. If you are unfamiliar with ftp, please check out this thread in our forums about ftp:

http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?t=76

For your game server, your ftp login information is located in your members area by clicking info next to your subscription.

If you wish for us to install a mod to your server we can do that as well, just please provide us a valid link to the mod you wish to have installed in a support ticket that you have submitted from your members area.

We have 24/7 support here to assist you anytime you are having an issue with the server, in your members area at my.gameservers.com if you click the "Support" tab you can submit a ticket.
[img]http://worm.clanservers.com/sigs/justadm4.gif[/img]

tripodzid
No Longer a Newb

Post by tripodzid » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 am

I wish to get started right away and I hope to find a page where I can follow a step by step instruction. Thanks.

domorefitness
No Longer a Newb

Post by domorefitness » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am

google for step by step instructions, from me what you will need is an ftp software like filezilla that you can work with the server files outside of the gameservers panel. Thats it really there are extra tools you could get but its more learning and not 100% necessary. amxmodx is the common mod so i suggest you get that and install it
Do More Fitness

kisitym
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by kisitym » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:59 am

Owners of servers must get information about all features for handling of required functions of their projects. After reading of rating lists we can hire best writing service help that can write our works without any mistake.