Day/Night Cycle Length?

Community Support & Discussion on Space Engineers
Engineer 36727
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Day/Night Cycle Length?

Post by Engineer 36727 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you configure the day/night cycle length on a dedicated server?

Thanks.

[gs] Andrew
GameServers Staff

Re: Day/Night Cycle Length?

Post by [gs] Andrew » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:01 pm

If you are still experiencing difficulties with this please submit a support ticket from my.gameservers.com/support.

Moon920
No Longer a Newb

Re: Day/Night Cycle Length?

Post by Moon920 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Engineer 36727 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you configure the day/night cycle length on a dedicated server?

Thanks.
Connect to your server FTP. In your savegame folder (/XXXXXXX/spaceengi/Saves/GAME-NAME) edit Sandbox.sbc with something like Notepad++ and edit this line:
<SunRotationIntervalMinutes>120</SunRotationIntervalMinutes>

Save and restart server.

Also worth noting, you have a config file you can edit in your server admin screen on the GAMESERVERS web interface, but settings in the Sandbox.sbc will always take priority. In fact, in the beginning I found many of my changes to the config weren't taking effect because those settings were being overridden by the Sandbox.sbc file.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with this please submit a support ticket from my.gameservers.com/support.
I never understood canned responses like this, if you post the answer on a public forum you have the opportunity to help the next guy and prevent additional support tickets. It takes the same amount of work, why not contribute? Nothing is more frustrating than finding someone with the same question you have and the answer is, "create support ticket" ugh. Sometimes you just need to ask yourself, WWPD (What Would Picard Do?)