ERROR: Server host has disconnected - Updated

Community Support & Discussion on Space Engineers
TheMopar
GameServers.com Forum Newb

ERROR: Server host has disconnected - Updated

Post by TheMopar » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 pm

OK, I keep getting this issue. I set up the server for myself and a few other friends to play on (max online at a time is 4), all is good, BUT, we keep getting this issue, and it seems to happen almost every time the server saves. I say almost because there are times it saves with no issues, and other times when it saves we will get the message "no communication with server" message in game, then we get kicked with that error msg.

I have set the max floating objects down to 50, save time set to 30 mins and added the auto save config and set it to true.

Tried doing a map wipe, then re-checked the configs, then started with a fresh map. Even went as far as using the server config tool that is in the steam folder and copied that to the server (to ensure the most up-to-date config options were being used) and still get the "ERROR Server host has disconnected" message when it saves.

And, after waiting a about a min or two, we are able to log back in, no server restart needed.

Any idea on how to correct this issue?

TheMopar

Re: ERROR: Server host has disconnected - Updated

Post by TheMopar » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:30 am

So, as it turns out, this issue is stemmed from a network issue in the Chicago network, possibly outside of their network per the response ticket I created. What is highly bothering me is the fact that they knew about this issue, but yet no information was posted ANYWHERE about this network issue. Nothing in the forums, nothing on their twitter feed, nor as a service announcement on the control panel.

I understand that if it is something outside of their network that they have no control over, but it would be nice to have some sort of notification letting us know what is happening so we are not left here frustrated with a service we can not fully utilize.

AtomicSpoon

Post by AtomicSpoon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Yeah my server is in St. Louis if I recall off the top of my head and I'm experiencing the same issue. Happens every hour or two.

Edit: Or any time I use the space master tools. I've about had it.

TheMopar

Post by TheMopar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:23 am

Well, seeing as that this forum is next to never moderated, and that I also canceled my subscription with gameservers, I dont feel guilty at all about doing this....

AtomicSpoon, if your looking for a good/reliable server host, check out these guys. I just switched to them about 3 days ago. Once I get things set up the way I like it, server has been up since with no issues.

Granted, they only have one host location in the U.S., my ping is not that much worse then when I was with gameservers, and their cost is a little bit higher then here also, but they do have some nice perks with their service, and I will gladly pay that little difference for a service that works. Ticket response time is also alot faster and have a bit more personal/professional tone to them also.

My only complaint is no FTP access, but you can still upload files to your server via their custom webUI interface.

Seriously tho, check them out, I am glad I switched.