Switching from Creative To Survival with same Map file

Community Support & Discussion on Space Engineers
MrEdog
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Switching from Creative To Survival with same Map file

Post by MrEdog » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:18 pm

So after research and playing with the server, i have been able to fully utilize every function. But, i still cannot get it to switch from creative to survival simply in the .cfg file. Now there are mods that can do that, but it changes for everyone, not just the admin, and i want to be able to switch back and forth. The only way ive been able to do that is with a new map file.

Any suggestions??

Thanks again,

MrEdog

Flanksie

Re: Switching from Creative To Survival with same Map file

Post by Flanksie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:21 am

You could change the Save game file each time from creative to survival... or if you want to the use of creative features on a survival server just use admin panel... ALT F10 i believe.

Moon920
No Longer a Newb

Post by Moon920 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Confirmed, the game save file overrides the config setting in your control panel. To change the gamemode (creative/survival) you'll need to stop your server, modify your savegame file via FTP then restart server.

I'm anxious to see if ALT-F10 works, I haven't accessed the ingame admin panel before, I'm hoping to be able to restore ships from blueprint without stopping the server, switching it to creative, adding ship, stopping server, switching it back to survival and restarting.

I found a mod that allows me to add ships to an active Survival game (Space Engineers Server Extender - SESE) but from what I've read, I don't think it will work well with a dedicated server.

Catherine B

Post by Catherine B » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:15 pm

I also love to play online video games and your forum is the best one about video games. I would like to visit your whole website and share essay tigers reviews as well. Keep it up with your good work that would be pretty great.