Transfered servers and FTP files but server was wiped, how to get my game back?

Community support and discussion on 7 Days to Die Servers
skeg43
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Transfered servers and FTP files but server was wiped, how to get my game back?

Post by skeg43 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello,

I was having problems with server crashes. I submitted a ticket and after everything I was offered to transfer servers. So I copied all the ftp files from the original server using fireftp and then transferred the server location. Once the new server was up and running, I then transferred all the FTP files to the new server using fireftp. I then go to log on and it is a brand new game at day 1.

What did I do wrong? is there anyway to get my original game back? Any help will be appreciated!

skeg43

Re: Transfered servers and FTP files but server was wiped, how to get my game back?

Post by skeg43 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Wow fast reply from the game ticket, and gameserver personnel got my old game back for me.

Thanks James

BillM
What's Frag Mean?

Re: Transfered servers and FTP files but server was wiped, how to get my game back?

Post by BillM » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Typically, you need to set the seed or game name (I can't quite remember which) to be the EXACT same as the one you backed up. When you look in FTP, you should be able to see which one it is.

Rock73

Post by Rock73 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:23 am

Once the new server was up and running, I then transferred all the FTP files to the new server using fireftp.