Problems setting up server on Ubuntu

Community support and discussion on 7 Days to Die Servers
obd1_3gee
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Problems setting up server on Ubuntu

Post by obd1_3gee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:18 am

I used the method found here http://gameserversetup.com/7-days-to-di ... tup-guide/ the method with the script that does all the work.

I tried to make an instance and it ran into quite a few errors at the end that I failed to catch but it said done? So I tried to start the server using

Code: Select all

sudo 7dtd.sh start ZachandEthan
But it gives me this

sudo 7dtd.sh start ZachandEthan
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 78: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon: No such file or directory
chown: invalid user: `sdtd.sdtd'
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 78: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon: No such file or directory
Failed!
I have a current game saved that my friend and I have started and dont want to start over and I had found an article that said I just needed to open up C:\Users\ethan\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\ZachandEthan and zip the folder and put it on the server and you can start it. But if the server wont start with the instance created from the script, I think I need to start there before worrying about the save files. Any guidance would be appreciated.

obd1_3gee
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: Problems setting up server on Ubuntu

Post by obd1_3gee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Been messing around with it today and added the user manually from the way it was in the script, so no user error. I've been reading through the scripts and files and I've basically come to this

If I change the /etc/7dtd.conf at the final line that reads

export SSD=/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon to

export SSD=/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/ I get

eam@Pluto:/etc$ sudo 7dtd.sh start ZachandEthan
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 78: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon: is a directory
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh: line 78: /usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon: is a directory
Failed!
so I thought it might be looking for the file start-stop-daemon.c thats in that directory because there isnt an extra start-stop-daemon directory.

so when I change it to point to the file.

eam@Pluto:/etc$ sudo 7dtd.sh start ZachandEthan
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 1: /bin: is a directory
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 2: 7dtd.conf: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 102: enum: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 103: IOPRIO_WHO_PROCESS: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 104: IOPRIO_WHO_PGRP,: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 105: IOPRIO_WHO_USER,: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 106: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 106: `};'
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 1: /bin: is a directory
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 2: 7dtd.conf: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 102: enum: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 103: IOPRIO_WHO_PROCESS: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 104: IOPRIO_WHO_PGRP,: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 105: IOPRIO_WHO_USER,: command not found
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 106: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
/usr/local/lib/7dtd/start-stop-daemon/start-stop-daemon.c: line 106: `};'
Failed!

What gives?