changing my server description

cullen690
GameServers.com Forum Newb

changing my server description

Post by cullen690 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:43 am

> server.description Solo/Duo/Trio ONLY/n Wipe every 3 weeks last wiped 3/25/n NO allies, Neighbors are fine but no teaming up to raid/n KOS is allowed/n GRIEFING is not allowed
server.description: "Solo/Duo/Trio"

when i use rusty i type in the top line and i get a reply of the bottom line.... what am i doing wrong

BillM
What's Frag Mean?

Re: changing my server description

Post by BillM » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Use quotation marks.

server.description "Solo/Duo/Trio ONLY/n Wipe every 3 weeks last wiped 3/25/n NO allies, Neighbors are fine but no teaming up to raid/n KOS is allowed/n GRIEFING is not allowed"

Schauer84

Post by Schauer84 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am

I have problems with this also. I can get my server description to post ok but I have trouble with the format. If I'm using the Gameservers config how to I input a return. Let's say I want something to look like this:

New Server
Wiped 16 Jul 17
Vanilla server with a few mods

I can get it to be a big run on sentence but I'd like to break it apart.

Right now my server.description looks something like this:

server.description "New server/n Wiped 16 Jul 17/n Vanilla Server with a few mods"

captfoxx

Post by captfoxx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Schauer84 wrote:I have problems with this also. I can get my server description to post ok but I have trouble with the format. If I'm using the Gameservers config how to I input a return. Let's say I want something to look like this:

New Server
Wiped 16 Jul 17
Vanilla server with a few mods

I can get it to be a big run on sentence but I'd like to break it apart.

Right now my server.description looks something like this:

server.description "New server/n Wiped 16 Jul 17/n Vanilla Server with a few mods"
I would do it like this coding, which works for my server.

"Plugins:\n-Nogreypoupon\n-BETTERLOOT\n-Teleport\n-QuickSmelt\n-Noobs\n-BuildingGrades\n-douchedrops\n-Kits\n-StacksizesNuts\n-EnhancedHammerThor\n-Zlevelslikezelda\nEnjoy the game"

it helps with separation instead of having it like a big run on sentence, hope this helps...of course above is not what my server says but you get the jizz. :)