Error: Cannot connect to destination host

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Error: Cannot connect to destination host

Post by Tunnleram » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 pm

I submitted a ticket at 7:30pm EST, exactly 2 hours ago and have not received a response. I'm getting all kinds of connectivity errors that I believe is related to a game servers issue.

I just submitted another ticket for my other server which is acting strange, never restarting fully, but continually looping through the navmesh part of the restart.

Here are my two tickets. Please give me a response so I know what to expect. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what's going on and it's such a waste of time if you're working on an issue. It's unacceptable for my servers, on patch/wipe day, to be screwed up for this long without any response.

Ticket No: SKH-944DV
Ticket No: TQU-502RW

Thanks.

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Re: Error: Cannot connect to destination host

Post by Tunnleram » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:44 pm

I was answered at 2am, but unfortunately it didn't help. As I don't know the solution yet, I can't say if it's GameServer's fault to be fair.

I would however like GameServers to answer more quickly, especially on days where Rust patches as our servers can be effectively down when there are issues.

tricksta5
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by tricksta5 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 pm

hey, im getting the same issues. did you get an answer back yet?

Cyrus111

Post by Cyrus111 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Same issue on my server.

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Post by Tunnleram » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Here's what I was told
Hello, Sorry for the delay, I've updated the plugin for you. Restart the server and let us know if you need anything else. "gs|kad" David Palmer
GameServers.com
I have no idea what plugin they referenced.

I have updated my ticket 5 times since 06/09/18 10:20pm, but they haven't answered me back. Seriously GameServers? No response in almost 22 hours?

It's clear to me that either a) they have a connectivity issue or b) the update installer they had us run was screwed up and old united files are left over screwing things up.

Did either of you have any luck?

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Post by Tunnleram » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Everyone in the Rust community knows it's related to GameServers. Someone posted elsewhere:
New
Bad or Good news guys... I have just tried another Host - GameServerKings and everything worked flawlessly... I knew since KillYou is very good and told us the issue was in our end that He was right!... ImageLibrary loaded, no error or anything, all other plugins working fine and loading images.

Now GameServers is very irresponsible about tickets... They might take even a day to answer... while we have a direct chat window to support guys at GameServerKings they're not as stable as GameServers... All too annoying!

Well it's case solved to me... gonna wait on my host response!
I think I'll check out some other hosts too. I don't mind if GameServers is working hard to figure it out and it takes time, but not having my post answered for 22 hours is pathetic. As a customer I deserve better than that.

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Post by Tunnleram » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:24 pm

25 hours and counting. No response.

[gs] h4x
GameServers Staff

Post by [gs] h4x » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:41 am

We apologise for the delay, I believe that this has now been addressed.

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Post by Tunnleram » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am

Nah, it's not resolved. It appears maybe the RustIO issue is resolved, but I'm still not able to connect out to other hosts:

(08:39:47) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: NONE_0 - Image URL: http://i.imgur.com/sZepiWv.png
(08:39:47) | Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host - Image Name: LOADING_0 - Image URL: http://i.imgur.com/lydxb0u.png

Btw, apologies are something you guys offer a lot, but it seems extremely empty. There's no reason, with technology as it is today, that you weren't communicating with me more often, even if you didn't have an answer.

GameServers communicated with me on 06/09/18 9:05pm and then not again until 06/11/18 2:06am. Either you have 24/7 support and you communicate with your customers or you don't. And btw, keep in mind my original ticket about this issue was on 06/08/18 7:30pm. That's 3 days ago lol

Tunnleram
No Longer a Newb

Post by Tunnleram » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:39 am

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing,

Unfortunately, what's occurring appears to be a widespread issue. We've received a number of reports regarding this occurring.

It is being investigated currently.

For now, your ticket is being forwarded to our notification queue.

Once an update to this situation is available, you will receive a further reply here.

Pr0t0typ3

Post by Pr0t0typ3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Okay this is just getting ridiculous. Im trying to be understanding and reasonable but its been 5 days now! 5 days since we updated and havent been able to use ImageLibrary, SignArtist, ServerRewards..... my server literally REQUIRES this to be able to operate with how ive set things up. Not to mention i cant use my Arena plugin or Security Cameras since they look literally gross without pictures from their respective outside sources. Its bad enough that ive lost all my server traffic (went from a hard earned 15 players to literally none now, thanks GS.) but they cant even give us an ETA or apparently even figure out how their own servers work! And every single message that says the same thing "We'll put you in the notification queue and let you know when we figure out what the problem is." Is NOT making anyone feel any better. Either way ill finish my month with GS and then its off to any of the numerous, very obviously more superior game server hosting sites that are out there. The Customer service and lack of technical know how is downright appalling here.

thatJCguy

Post by thatJCguy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Dozens of errors in console for image download failures. I got the same canned "we're working on it" message back from GameServers.com support.

Image failed to download! Error: Cannot connect to destination host

It's affecting player numbers on my servers because when they open the shop UI, no icons show up, just blank spaces because of the errors. Get your **** together, GameServers. before you end up with a lot of lost customers. It's bad enough that it takes nearly an hour for the updated game and Oxide links to show up on update days... now this?

thatJCguy

Post by thatJCguy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:39 am

I asked for a more detailed update 16 hours ago with no reply from GameServers.com yet. Shopping for a new host today and recommending everyone else do the same.

tricksta5

Post by tricksta5 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Well, I just cancelled my server with gameservers. Since I have now lost all my loyal players (30 people) and the server is just sitting empty. I no longer see the point in moving forward with this headache. I have alot of premium paid plugins, so if anyone is interested in them just let me know and you can have them (if possible)

Pr0t0typ3

Post by Pr0t0typ3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm

tricksta5 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 pm
Well, I just cancelled my server with gameservers. Since I have now lost all my loyal players (30 people) and the server is just sitting empty. I no longer see the point in moving forward with this headache. I have alot of premium paid plugins, so if anyone is interested in them just let me know and you can have them (if possible)
YES please hmu id love some plugins (: i believe i added you on steam