Anyone else having problems with the new Alpha server?

Discussions regarding the DayZ Standalone game
Twitchn
No Longer a Newb

Anyone else having problems with the new Alpha server?

Post by Twitchn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 am

I ordered mine around 6 hours ago and it is still not working :(
The only way we can see the server is through remote server look up. It does not show up on the list of servers.
Really upset and support has been less than helpful.

JMan44
No Longer a Newb

Re: Anyone else having problems with the new Alpha server?

Post by JMan44 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 am

I have kind of the same issue... Sometimes gametracker is not updating the server status and have to actually go in game and check under remote. I did actually have to reisntall the server at a pint to get it to work, this was after I put in a ticket and didn't hear anything for 6 to 8 hours. The server currently is working but not updated to 113277, updated clients cannot play properly on an outdated client.
The real issue I'm having and I find it really annoying is that all gameservers.com Dayz SA servers are not updated to the latest build. This is not good since other hosters are already updated and players that go on our servers are having issues that we cannot recitfy due to the server not being updated.
Now they supposedly have a 5 day refund for server and at the moment that's looking like an option, for me anyway.
I understand that the SA is new and all but if other hosters can be on the ball and have their servers updated, I'm not sure why gameservers can't have theirs updated.
And I will agree that support at this point seems very lack lustre... Start tweeting to get their attention or talk with your wallet. Soon there will be other options out there for server hosts and I tend to move to whomever has the best service.

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm

At this point, you should not really expect Gametracker to work reliably. The game has some issues with the query port, which could lead to it changing at random. This should be addressed in a future, patch, but there is currently no ETA.

The update has been applied, and we've implemented some measures that should significantly reduce the amount of time necessary for future patches to be rolled out. This is still a very new game, so we're still working on getting all our deployment systems set up for it.

JMan44
No Longer a Newb

Post by JMan44 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

[gs] devicenull wrote:At this point, you should not really expect Gametracker to work reliably. The game has some issues with the query port, which could lead to it changing at random. This should be addressed in a future, patch, but there is currently no ETA.

The update has been applied, and we've implemented some measures that should significantly reduce the amount of time necessary for future patches to be rolled out. This is still a very new game, so we're still working on getting all our deployment systems set up for it.
I suspected and issue with gametracker since the server was viewable within the game, except sometimes it seems to disappear; even in game; without notice.

Thanks for the update and the update button. It is imperative that we maintain the servers as best as we can if we are to run a proper DayZ SA server. This is to benefit the DayZ community, server admins and hosters alike.

Now, is it a possibility to know what features may be coming to us and maybe get a DayZ SA forum?
What is really needed at the moment is reserved slots if possible... I do understand all hosts are somewhat limited at the moment as to what features/settings we can have but at this point a few reserved slots for admins would be a godsend. :wink:

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm

I'll look into creating a forum for the standalone game tomorrow.

As far as features, I don't really have any more details then you do at this point. We just completed adding a setting to allow you to change the time your server runs at (allowing always daytime or always nighttime servers).

Reserved slots really need to wait until the game supports it. We don't have any further ETAs on that.

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:37 pm

As a further note, the new patch (113822) has been installed to all the servers.

TermiGR
No Longer a Newb

Post by TermiGR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks!
One quick Question. Where can i edit the Time?

Twitchn
No Longer a Newb

Post by Twitchn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Well my server has not worked yet and is still not working and im very frustrated :x

Twitchn
No Longer a Newb

Post by Twitchn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Ok I give up!!!! Time for money back!!!!

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:03 am

The time is available in the configuration file named 'Mission Config'. If you are having issues, please open a ticket via your control panel. The forums are not monitored as much as the ticket system is.

Twitchn
No Longer a Newb

Post by Twitchn » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm

*UPDATE*

New server is working great and finally able to get people testing.

Thanks guys

Sgt. Schultz
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by Sgt. Schultz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 pm

After if says waiting for Server then right before you enter the game it comes up in RED and says:

Key not found exception: The given key was not found in the Directory.

It sounds like a server issue I don't think its taken the 10.4 update either. Its still there after you update the 10.4 in the Mods screen and restart the game. Any Ideas?

markjacks
No Longer a Newb

Post by markjacks » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 am

Working good on my end. I think you might want to create a support ticket for that.

максим
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by максим » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:14 pm

when the time is changed, the server automatically restart! after that I her the magician to log on to the server?the game is written "waiting for server" and so every time after any changes!everything starts to work as soon as you perform a reinstall! please help?!