$70 a month for a 30 slot server?

Discussions regarding the DayZ Standalone game
Nekrage
GameServers.com Forum Newb

$70 a month for a 30 slot server?

Post by Nekrage » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Are you guys serious? Thats absolute robbery.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And dont give me that "omg the server is sooooo demanding!"...because its not.

Burn11
Offical GameServers Mascot

Re: $70 a month for a 30 slot server?

Post by Burn11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 pm

And you looked around to see how it compared to other providers (DayZ standalone, not DayZ mod)? Right? Right?
If I helped you, consider clicking my affiliate banner below before you purchase your server!

Nekrage
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by Nekrage » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Burn11 wrote:And you looked around to see how it compared to other providers (DayZ standalone, not DayZ mod)? Right? Right?
Considering there is only 1 other host(and they dont host in the US), which I am sure was only chosen to avoid having a monopoly being so easily noticeable...there is no one to compare hosting to.

I am sure gameservers and the other host agreed upon a price to host at so they could bang out the community for INSANELY overpriced servers.

I used to like you guys, I used to have my servers hosted by gameservers.com, but its painfully obvious that you guys are taking advantage of the fact that there are no other hosts in the US available. I will no longer be a customer here.

Twitchn
No Longer a Newb

Post by Twitchn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Well I ordered a server no one can get on it. I'm starting to wonder about this!

Burn11
Offical GameServers Mascot

Post by Burn11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:22 am

Nekrage wrote:
Burn11 wrote:And you looked around to see how it compared to other providers (DayZ standalone, not DayZ mod)? Right? Right?
Considering there is only 1 other host(and they dont host in the US), which I am sure was only chosen to avoid having a monopoly being so easily noticeable...there is no one to compare hosting to.

I am sure gameservers and the other host agreed upon a price to host at so they could bang out the community for INSANELY overpriced servers.

I used to like you guys, I used to have my servers hosted by gameservers.com, but its painfully obvious that you guys are taking advantage of the fact that there are no other hosts in the US available. I will no longer be a customer here.
Ok. Thanks for confirming that GS is lower. Just keep in mind that different games' servers have different requirements. You seem to be the expert, so you probably already know that.
If I helped you, consider clicking my affiliate banner below before you purchase your server!

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Nekrage wrote:

Unfortunately, the DayZ standalone game is *very* CPU intensive. Our pricing is based on the amount of resources a game consumes, and DayZ uses a lot.