BRINK server random crashes -- anyone else with this issue?

General support for the upcoming PC game Brink
markyjm
What's Frag Mean?

BRINK server random crashes -- anyone else with this issue?

Post by markyjm » Wed May 25, 2011 10:04 am

Since the latest patch our Brink server is crashing randomly -- mostly when it's full. The other issue is it only allows 14 players in and says the server is full when only 14 players are in it. I am using Gametracker and wondering if that could be causing the crashes as I can't figure out any other reason why. The logs for the game are pretty much useless in identifying a problem or a pattern. However maybe it has something to do with the slotting issue that's only allow 14 players into a 16 player server. Thoughts?

SJ777
No Longer a Newb

Re: BRINK server random crashes -- anyone else with this iss

Post by SJ777 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

im with another GSP and Ive started getting alot of "server is not responding" emails since the last patch

In addition i note many servers are getting lag spikes when players connect discconnect so maybe some bugs introduced in the last patch....

Krilion
No Longer a Newb

Post by Krilion » Thu May 26, 2011 7:29 am

Yeah ours seems to be going down at least once (mostly2-3 times) per day since the last patch!!

MajHavoc
No Longer a Newb

Post by MajHavoc » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 am

markyjm wrote:Since the latest patch our Brink server is crashing randomly -- mostly when it's full. The other issue is it only allows 14 players in and says the server is full when only 14 players are in it. I am using Gametracker and wondering if that could be causing the crashes as I can't figure out any other reason why. The logs for the game are pretty much useless in identifying a problem or a pattern. However maybe it has something to do with the slotting issue that's only allow 14 players into a 16 player server. Thoughts?
Same thing here. I've been using GT as my "Is it alive?" tool also. Mine crashes it seems at times when it shows 16/16 when the server should show 15/16 when it's full as I have one private slot. I'm the only one with the password and I'm not in the game.

I hope that made sense.
/0

-Maj

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Bion
No Longer a Newb

Post by Bion » Thu May 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Yep, my server experiences random crashes at least a couple of times per day which started this week after the latest server patch.

sajjad123
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by sajjad123 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:40 am

Same thing here. I've been using GT as my "Is it alive?" tool also. Mine crashes it seems at times when it shows 16/16 when the server should show 15/16 when it's full as I have one private slot. I'm the only one with the password and I'm not in the game.
aliiiii