Brink server down every litle time.

General support for the upcoming PC game Brink
Hax
No Longer a Newb

Brink server down every litle time.

Post by Hax » Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 am

I have a lot of problems with brink server. The server get down every after litle time. I can restart it but after some time the server get down again.

markyjm
What's Frag Mean?

Re: Brink server down every litle time.

Post by markyjm » Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

you need to submit a support ticket on this issue to Gamerservers or whomever your GSP is mate. that's a pretty vague description of what's going on. Are you saying your server is doing random crashes? Is it after a map change? Is it in the middle of the game. Are you sure it's the server or are you getting booted out of the game and think it's because the server crashed.

shakenbakeTAF
No Longer a Newb

Re: Brink server down every litle time.

Post by shakenbakeTAF » Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

I am having the same problem and the response I got from GS was it appears to be an issue between the servers and STEAM. Just got home and my server was down all day. Restart it and it works fine until the next crash and then it does not reconnect with STEAM. I tried the ticket route and still no fix....

Hi,

I apologize for the difficulty you are having. Unfortunately, this does appear to be a common issue. The only thing we can suggest at this time is to issue a server restart to bring the server online. There are some who suggest the issue may be related to a steam server communication issue and others who state their servers are terminating but not restarting after the crash.

If you were interested, you could read more about this specific issue on the official splash damage forums:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/show ... hp?t=25201

Don Tellefsen
http://www.gameservers.com
irc.gamesurge.net #gameservers