Brink Update: Version 37

General support for the upcoming PC game Brink
[gs] xvx
GameServers Staff

Brink Update: Version 37

Post by [gs] xvx » Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

There has been a new update to the Brink Dedicated Server. If you are having trouble connecting to your server, please click on the "Steam Update" button in your control panel and the server will update to the latest version.

Fluffytuff
No Longer a Newb

Re: Brink Update: Version 37

Post by Fluffytuff » Fri May 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Any patch notes on this? I want to know if they fixed that one map where everyone's sound cuts out, so I can add it back in the rotation.

Beetlebub
No Longer a Newb

Post by Beetlebub » Fri May 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up xvx !

Fruitmand
No Longer a Newb

Post by Fruitmand » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Did this, seems the server is very unstable now. Often lag shocks / server rebooting every 15 minutes too.

Fluffytuff
No Longer a Newb

Post by Fluffytuff » Fri May 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Fruitmand wrote:Did this, seems the server is very unstable now. Often lag shocks / server rebooting every 15 minutes too.
My server keeps going to 8 player CO-OP mode, and is getting hijacked, even though I have it set in the config not to. I can't see my server in the game browser either. I've done full wipes, and re uploaded the server.cfg file, but it's still not working at all.

suzpiper
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by suzpiper » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Fluffytuff wrote:
Fruitmand wrote:Did this, seems the server is very unstable now. Often lag shocks / server rebooting every 15 minutes too.
My server keeps going to 8 player CO-OP mode, and is getting hijacked, even though I have it set in the config not to. I can't see my server in the game browser either. I've done full wipes, and re uploaded the server.cfg file, but it's still not working at all.

I have also been having a lot of trouble with Config file changes very clearly not being applied after I save and restart from the Gameservers browser. We tried to make changes in a dozen ways, but it seemed as if an older cached config was being applied somehow, repeatedly.

I reported this, but the answer was not extremely helpful (They said to change some lines that were already commented out, and closed the ticket). Today I began making changes by stopping the server, and using ftp to apply the new change. Then hit the restart button, and just ignore the config editor in the members area. I also would change the default startup map to test that the change was applied. This seemed to work, finally.

Krilion
No Longer a Newb

Post by Krilion » Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 pm

There was a type-o in the cvar, make sure you are using the correct one..

net_serverAllowHijacking 0 //correct one and works

net_allowServerHijacking 0 // Incorrect and does not work

saint070

Post by saint070 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 am

I get more the feeling that they only want to make money off the servers here without fixing peoples problems with there servers.

Because you can make tickets what you want that your server has problems but no normal reply back.
one of my servers is offline for most of the day but they do nothing.
Sadly

SayUNKLE
No Longer a Newb

Post by SayUNKLE » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 am

This is a developer issue and not a G.S. issue. Hopefully a hotfix or work around will be implemented in a timely manner. Brink has enough problems, cutting off half the community by accident is a big "DOHH".
Perhaps DLC can save this title?

I sure hope so. I'm really enjoying BRINK so far......
SayUNKLE
"Bring a friend, Make a friend, KILL A FRIEND!!"
sayunkle.net / fileplayground.com

dddgeronimo

Post by dddgeronimo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am

OK wtf is going on with all the servers down? Can we get an update here?

[gs] quon
GameServers Officer

Post by [gs] quon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am

The latest that we have heard from Splash Damage is that they have isolated the bug that was introduced in the latest patch and are working on a fix. They did not specify an ETA, however, they are working on it as a top priority. This is affecting all Brink servers regardless of where it's hosted.

SayUNKLE
No Longer a Newb

Post by SayUNKLE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 pm

As posted on GS!
This issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing problems, please open a ticket.
:P
SayUNKLE
"Bring a friend, Make a friend, KILL A FRIEND!!"
sayunkle.net / fileplayground.com