Is anyone's GS Brink server working correctly?

General support for the upcoming PC game Brink
Killtacular
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Is anyone's GS Brink server working correctly?

Post by Killtacular » Thu May 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi guys. I am wondering if anyone is having luck with their GameServers Brink server working as expected currently?

I've gone through at least a dozen confirmed working configs from the SD forums and other places, default config, configs confirmed working on GS too, both thru the web portal and uploaded via FTP. I've tried multiple resets, reinstalls, and so on. The server will show in the Steam Servers list, shows on the Game Tracker page as active, but not on the in-game list. When I try to launch from the steam servers list, it times out. Direct connect from within the game also results in a time out. I can join games on other servers advertised as being from other hosting companies just fine... but...

Here's what really makes ask: any server identified as provided by GameServers the same exact thing- time out. Can't join any of them.

Am I going crazy here? Are you guys up and running? Thanks for any feedback you might have.

Beetlebub
No Longer a Newb

Re: Is anyone's GS Brink server working correctly?

Post by Beetlebub » Thu May 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Have you tried the "Steam Update" on your the "Mods" tab on GS? Once you run that, it may take up to 30 minutes to fully update (depending on steam and how much needs to be updated).

Your server may just be a little out of date. I'm not sure if a re-install would cover the latest patches to the server.

Also, there is no way to really tell if the server is still patching after you've run the tool. It's also important not to try to reinstall while the updater is running. If the server needs to restart after patching it will do so automatically.

Hope that helps.

Killtacular

Post by Killtacular » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

you know what, I'm guessing I just didn't wait long enough- this time i let at least 30min go by. Working perfectly now, thank you so much ! I'm guessing there's more than a couple other people out there who did the same thing, judging by the number of GS servers I was getting the same results on, so I'm not the only moron at least :oops: Thanks again!

Beetlebub
No Longer a Newb

Post by Beetlebub » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

You're quite welcome. Don't feel bad I did the exact same thing. There's just no indicator that the wheels are still churning on the update.

I finally started the update from work, and when I got home everything was working just fine!

I'm glad you're up and running!

=CAPTAINCANADA=
Click my affiliate link

Post by =CAPTAINCANADA= » Fri May 13, 2011 5:26 am

My GS server is a huge waste of time and money crashes ,lag, no support, Pathetic really > Cancelled and refund waiting

Killtacular

Post by Killtacular » Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I dunno, now that mine's up and running, I'm actually pretty happy with it for the price. I'm sure you have your reasons, but since this is in my topic, I just wanted to add that, for the moment, everything is ok.

Krilion
No Longer a Newb

Post by Krilion » Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Ours is working VERY well..

Fruitmand
No Longer a Newb

Post by Fruitmand » Sat May 14, 2011 4:55 am

Mine aint.. its shutting down every 15 minutes for no reason.

When i create a ticket about it they tell me they can connect to the server with no problems at all and dismiss the ticket -> problem UNSOLVED.

Bah.

Betaman2k

Post by Betaman2k » Sat May 14, 2011 5:33 am

my server is online but nobody can connected :( ( listserver on browser no listing, direct connect with IP, u get timeout )
support team can not help me :(

Seven.

Post by Seven. » Sat May 14, 2011 10:49 am

I hope they release a new build of the Ded. Server soon to fix the issues.

suzpiper

Post by suzpiper » Sat May 14, 2011 11:23 am

Have not been able to see or connect to my own server since yesterday. Can see other people are using it. I did run the updates twice. No way to tell if it worked, with gameserver's lack of real monitoring tools. Or version info.

Seven.

Post by Seven. » Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 am

GameTracker sees my server but Brink doesn't. I can connect to it manually but it doesn't show up in the server listing.

Now I run a server at home with the same config (safe server name) and batch file and it just shows up like normal in the listing.

If this rubbish keeps up I'm cancelling my server and want my money back. There is NO use in renting a server if noone can SEE it.

saint070

Post by saint070 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:46 am

Most of the servers are or offline,connecting error,do not display in the list.
So i'm happy to see that 2 % of the servers is doing great.

now only the other 98% of the servers