TeamSpeak 3 Server Hostname

Teamspeak and TS3 server hosting discussions.
KoFSMG
GameServers.com Forum Newb

TeamSpeak 3 Server Hostname

Post by KoFSMG » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:33 am

Hello. Prior to purchasing a server I sent in an email asking if I could change the hostname to my own hostname/domain and was told that I could indeed do this. I've since purchased a TeamSpeak server but I see no options to change the hostname. I could use my own hostname server to direct it, but I need the direct IP to do so. Does anyone mind informing me as to how I can change the hostname of my server? Thanks!

Burn11
Offical GameServers Mascot

Re: TeamSpeak 3 Server Hostname

Post by Burn11 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Set an A record at your domain host to point to the IP or a CNAME to point to gameservers' DNS. (in the DNS settings)
If I helped you, consider clicking my affiliate banner below before you purchase your server!

KoFSMG

Post by KoFSMG » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:22 pm

I tried attaching an SRV Record to the hostname but I still can't connect. Hostname provider verified that the SRV is live and Google DNS found the SRV record but I still can't connect using the hostname. Could someone please inform me as to why I can't connect?

Service: teamspeak
Protocol: TCP
Priority: 5
Weight: 0
Target: ts37(dot)gameservers(dot)com (can't post URL apparently)
Port: Omitted - PM me
(0 to 65536) TTL: 300

Haider01

Post by Haider01 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:16 am

i got a similar question, i added powers to a group in my ts3 server, so they can kick public users,, the thing is they can also kick server admin, how do i keep it that they can kick guests but cannot kick server admin?

Mercuary

Post by Mercuary » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 am

Could someone please inform me as to why I can't connect?

Slousebox

Post by Slousebox » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 am

It's been awhile since the last post but if you are still wondering the protocol is _udp and the service is _ts3, hope that helps.

That being said there is also _tsdns which uses _tcp if you would rather you that. The underscore is necessary too.