"Failed to connect to server" error

Teamspeak and TS3 server hosting discussions.
Tim_Myth
GameServers.com Forum Newb

"Failed to connect to server" error

Post by Tim_Myth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 pm

When I attempt to connect to ts65.gameservers.com:9143, the connection fails and I get the error: "Failed to connect to server". I have disabled my antivirus and firewall, and connected directly to my modem (bypassing the routers firewall". When I try to ping the url it fails. It resolves to IP 8.3.5.150. Running tracert on that IP results in failing on the last hop. I can reach all the way to 69.31.127.166 (which is the last server before 8.3.5.150). I have uninstalled and reinstalled TS3, and I can connect to other servers so it is not my TS3 client.

kith
No Longer a Newb

Re: "Failed to connect to server" error

Post by kith » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 pm

I was getting an error with our TS server so switched location as this cured it before.
However it's been dropping out all night. I've just restarted it from the admin panel and we are able to get in again but not sure how long it's going to last. Maybe try that?
"Deep inside the Warrior is tearing me apart"
http://www.clanvmk.com

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm

I will ask the server admin to reboot the server I guess.

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Wed May 01, 2013 9:05 am

I have determined that the issue is with my ISP (CableOne). I determined this by enabling my phone to be a wifi hotspot and connecting my laptop to it. I was then able to connect to the teamspeak server. I ran tracert via both connections and was able to send the results of both to their tech support for further investigation. I still don't have a resolution, but I can point to to the exact server that is having issues.

If anyone has this issue and wants to try what I did, here are the steps:
1) Open a command prompt (Start -> Run then type CMD in the run box)
2) At the command prompt type "tracert ts65[dot]gameserver[dot]com > myisp.txt" Replace ts65[dot]gameservers[dot]com with your particular teamspeak server of course. the ">" tells windows to place the output of the tracert into a text file named myisp.txt instead of printing it on the screen, so you will not see anything while this command runs. Instead you just have to wait for the dos prompt to appear again. You want to pipe the output to a text file because you will likely be emailing it to your tech support.
3) Disconnect from your normal network (either turn off your wifi adapter or unplug your ethernet cable) and connect to your phone's wifi network (or look for an open network from one of your neighbors that does not use the same ISP as you or go to someplace with free wifi or somehow just use a network and ISP that is different from your normal ISP)
4) At the command prompt, run tracert again but this time pipe the output to a different text file (don't want to over write our first one!). For example, type "tracert ts65[dot]gameservers[dot]com > differentisp.txt" and of course use your particular teamspeak address.

You now have two different tracert reports that can help someone determine where the issue lies. Of course, if both tracert results fail then you have bigger issues (assuming you're not still using the same ISP).

[Note: the stupid forum consider ts65[dot]gameservers[dot]com to be an offsite url! Grr. I hate computers. I've hated them 30 years...ok, maybe only the last 20.]

Tim_Myth

Post by Tim_Myth » Sat May 04, 2013 9:17 am

So my ISP, CableOne, has investigated the issue and found that the issue is somewhere between GameServers.com and Level3 Communications. They tried opening a ticket on the issue with Level3, but Level3 refused to open the ticket and stated that any tickets would have to come from GameServers.com. My ISP refered me back to GameServers. I opened a support ticket with GameServers on 5/2 but as of yet I haven't heard a word from them and still cannot connect to the TeamSpeak server. I included my tracert reports showing where the connection is failing and contact information in case they needed more infromation. I'm not real impressed with the level of support from GameServers so far.

adolfainsley8

Post by adolfainsley8 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:24 am

I've just restarted it from the admin panel and we are able to get in again but not sure how long it's going to last. Maybe try that????
waleeed

davie666

Post by davie666 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:37 pm

how interesting,I bought an 8 man server from gameservers.com ...frag not lag....well maybe but the server has been active for 5 hours and I still havent connected to it.Sent a ticket for support 3 hours ago and guess what ?no answer.They are quick to take your money but got problems....your outta luck.I would have had a less streesful night haveing a few beers and a smoke instead of giving these guys my money,so I guess what changes.

Tarpid

Post by Tarpid » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Try this tool http://tools.cleanvoice.ru/ts3test
It helped me to find the problem with failed connection to my Teamspeak 3 server

Winnifred12345

Post by Winnifred12345 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 am

it happens when there is some kind of problem it will be solved just wait a litle bit