Left 4 Dead 2 Commands

General Support & Discussion related to the Left 4 Dead series, including L4D2.
SiriusDoll
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Commands

Post by SiriusDoll » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Momma_Bear wrote:im still learning how to set a l4d2 server up...

this is all i have in my config.....

what else should i have or rather what do i need???

where is the line that has what game type is running????? this way i can change it from versus to co op when i want...

// Number of rounds to play (only versus)
mp_roundlimit 3

// If you want to use a search key to find the server in the lobby, uncomment and edit this line
// sv_search_key "myclantags"

// If you want to use this as a steam group server, uncomment this and add your group ID
sv_steamgroup "mysteamid"
// If you want to restrict this to steam group members only, uncomment this
// sv_steamgroup_exclusive "1" <--- not sure if its right... i'd like it to be a lobby for the public to join...and also where my steam group can see it... im the only 1 in my clan that can see it on the bottom right side... :(

// You shouldn't need to change anything below this in most cases
sv_alltalk 0
// If you enable cheats, people will be able to take over your server
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_maxcmdrate 101
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
Yes dont enable cheats unless you are in the server and just want to screw around. Also remember to turn them off before you leave. I wanted to check out the cheats when I first got my server up and accidentaly left it on when people were in there. Well one of my admins asked if I could restart the server because it kind of turned into utter chaos lol.

jking
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Commands

Post by jking » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi, I run a dedicated server (HLDS) on my PC for L4D2, and have tried using sv_tags in my server config but the formatting comes out all wrong, what exactly is the correct syntax for listing multiple tags? Thanks.