Left 4 Dead - Game Type Stuck & sv_search_key

General Support & Discussion related to the Left 4 Dead series, including L4D2.
tracerbullet
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Left 4 Dead - Game Type Stuck & sv_search_key

Post by tracerbullet » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Hey Guys,

Really pleased with my left 4 dead server, but I'm having a few issues.

It seems like I'm stuck on the co-op game type. I've so far edited my mapcycle.txt as well as got my command line changed for the +map command to start the server on a versus map. When I browse the server in the server browser however it still shows up as co-op, and I can not connect to it when I have a VS lobby setup. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

And my other issue as well (which may be solved by above) is wondering if there's a surefire way that when I click look for dedicated server it will grab mine every time. I've tried using the sv_search_key but it doesn't seem to be too reliable (again, might be fixed if my server gets off co-op mode). I've tried going the "Start Game" then using console to open server browser route, however it will only have me join the server leaving everyone else still in the lobby.

Greatly appreciate any response.

*EDIT*

P.S. Tried everything found on Left 4 Dead 411.com (http://left4dead411.com/news/2008/11/l4 ... otd-guide/). Anyone out there running an L4D dedicated server, I highly recommend downloading the cvar PFD file.

*EDIT*

Thead
No Longer a Newb

Post by Thead » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 pm

If you still need help setting up your server for versus mode I can help you but the only problem is that other people can always vote to change the server back to coop mode.

tracerbullet
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by tracerbullet » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:17 am

Client update today seems to have done nothing, except break the game further...