Killing Floor Server

All things related to Killing Floor
Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Killing Floor Server

Post by Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm

For some reason, i keep getting Unknown server as the name
I have the server in my favorites so it's easy for me to find it but it says unknown server, no "how many players are on" and what ping it is
and also how do i disable elimination mode so the maps don't get disabled when done
Thnxs :D

starxpilot
Click my affiliate link

Re: Killing Floor Server

Post by starxpilot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox wrote:For some reason, i keep getting Unknown server as the name
I have the server in my favorites so it's easy for me to find it but it says unknown server, no "how many players are on" and what ping it is
and also how do i disable elimination mode so the maps don't get disabled when done

It means that your server isn't submitting it's information to the Master Query.

I cannot remember what setting changes that, could you post your KillingFloor.ini configuration file on here so I can see how it's different than mine? *Ensure you clear the Admin/Password sections* You can copy and paste everything in your reply using the CODE tags around it.

To disable Elimination Mode, go into your Web Admin > Defaults > Map Voting > Un-check the box next to Elimination Mode. Alternativly, you can go into your KillingFloor.ini configuration, under [xVoting.xVotingHandler], change bEliminationMode to False.

Hope this helps.
Ordering a server? Please click my link!
Thanks GS!

Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox

Post by Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm

starxpilot wrote:
Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox wrote:For some reason, i keep getting Unknown server as the name

It means that your server isn't submitting it's information to the Master Query.

I cannot remember what setting changes that, could you post your KillingFloor.ini configuration file on here so I can see how it's different than mine? *Ensure you clear the Admin/Password sections* You can copy and paste everything in your reply using the CODE tags around it.

To disable Elimination Mode, go into your Web Admin > Defaults > Map Voting > Un-check the box next to Elimination Mode. Alternativly, you can go into your KillingFloor.ini configuration, under [xVoting.xVotingHandler], change bEliminationMode to False.

Hope this helps.

It won`t let me post the file, the post thinks the post is too spamy

starxpilot
Click my affiliate link

Post by starxpilot » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox wrote:
starxpilot wrote:

Hope this helps.

It won`t let me post the file, the post thinks the post is too spamy
Did you try putting it into CODE Tags? It's next to the Quote when clicking on Make a Reply to this thread. It's also because you only have 3 posts. Make some posts on the General Discussion or other KF Threads.

Alternatively, you could upload the config to a site and have me download it as a .txt file, however ensure you edit out the Password areas.
Ordering a server? Please click my link!
Thanks GS!

qraider

Post by qraider » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm

so, did you come to any conclusion in the matter regarding the "unknown server"?
i myself just rented a server, and i have the same problem.
it works fine, but i just can't get my server to show the name i gave it.
anyone got a solution yet?