Settings for Instant respawn + others, help please.

Team Fortress 2 and other upcoming OrangeBox games
Whoosh
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Settings for Instant respawn + others, help please.

Post by Whoosh » Thu May 15, 2008 8:31 am

Hi
Being very new to having a TF2 server I cannot find out how to:

• Make the server instant re spawn
• Cut the 60 sec start down to about 10 secs
• Turn off auto balance.

I have downloaded via FTP several .cfg files but as I don’t know the names of the commands to look for I can’t find anything that is obvious.
I guess they will be when I actually get to know them but the list of the cfg files is so long I tend to get a bit word blind.
I really lose the flow of the game waiting the 20 secs to re spawn so any help would be appreciated please.

[SB] xdite396rw

Re: Settings for Instant respawn + others, help please.

Post by [SB] xdite396rw » Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 am

Whoosh wrote:Hi
Being very new to having a TF2 server I cannot find out how to:

• Make the server instant re spawn
• Cut the 60 sec start down to about 10 secs
• Turn off auto balance.

I have downloaded via FTP several .cfg files but as I don’t know the names of the commands to look for I can’t find anything that is obvious.
I guess they will be when I actually get to know them but the list of the cfg files is so long I tend to get a bit word blind.
I really lose the flow of the game waiting the 20 secs to re spawn so any help would be appreciated please.
You can either put these commands in your "server.cfg" file or execute them in game.

Instant Respawn (Time also varies on certain maps. Manual map-edit may be required), use this:

Code: Select all

mp_disable_respawn_times "1"
(Not sure what you mean by start times) but try this:

mp_enableroundwaittime "0"
To turn off Autobalance (Keep teams unbalanced), use this:

mp_autoteambalance "0"
To enable players to choose whichever team they want, whether balanced or not, use this:

mp_teams_unbalance_limit "0"

Please let me know if I didn't answer your questions correctly!

liam12360
No Longer a Newb

Post by liam12360 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:23 pm

You can also allow people to join any team they want regardless of the players on the team with this command:

mp_tournament 1
Also here is the code to set custom respawn timers, not just disable them:

mp_respawnwavetime 5 //if I set to 5, the respawn times will always be 5
[url=http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.167.234.166:27015/][img]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.167.234.166:27015/b_350x20_C323957-202743-F19A15-111111.png[/img][/url]

[SB] xdite396rw

Post by [SB] xdite396rw » Fri May 23, 2008 7:01 pm

However, Liam, some maps override the ability to set respawn times to anything but what they have it to. Not to mention some maps set the default extremely high, so if you can in fact change the cvar, the minimum you can go to with "mp_respawnwavetime" could be 5-10 seconds. (Depending on the map)