Is there a better FTP guide?

If you cannot find your specific category above, ask general questions here to one of our thousands of community member. Please note: Official Support is provided via tickets at my.gameservers.com
MurphyRE
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Is there a better FTP guide?

Post by MurphyRE » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:44 am

I am new to creating a server and I am trying to follow the "newb guide" posted here to create a Minecraft server. The very first section is on how to get your FTP working, so I followed the instructions and downloaded "Filezilla". It gives me 3 boxes to fill out: "username" "port" and "password". I have tried it seems like, every possible combination in these 3 boxes to get it to work and I keep getting a "cannot connect will try again in 5 seconds" repeatedly. So, I watch the video guide posted here. Except, it is for a Firefox extension that is no longer supported. I have tried googling pages of information and following the guides posted here and there is still no clear cut direction on how to do this stuff.

[gs] oG
GameServers Staff

Re: Is there a better FTP guide?

Post by [gs] oG » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:27 am

If you still experience trouble connecting to the FTP (or any difficulty), we would recommend submitting a ticket via our Support section, we will then be able to assist further.