RO Server Setup and Web Administration

General Support & Discussion related to the Red Orchestra series including the UT2k4 Mod & OSTFront 41-45.
Petey
No Longer a Newb

RO Server Setup and Web Administration

Post by Petey » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:47 pm

Should prolly make this a sticky for admins who are new to this type of game and configuration...

go to the link below to see how to run/setup a RO server...

http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.p ... ectionid=5

FOR SERVER ADMINISTRATION

Here's the step by step guide for getting into your RO web server administration...

1- First login to your RO server FTP

2- click on 'ror' folder then go to 'system' folder

3- Find the 'RedOrchestra.ini' file and drag a copy of it to your desktop (make sure to make a backup of the original or rename the original)

4- There are 3 sections that you need to search for and edit...i used Notepad to do so...

5- First, look for the section called '[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]' and in that section look for 'AdminName=' and put in your adminname so it looks like the following:

Code: Select all

AdminName=<YourAdminNameHere>

6- Second, look for the section called '[UWeb.WebServer]' and in that section look for 'bEnabled=' and edit it to say the following:

bEnabled=True

7- Thirdly, look for the section called '[Engine.AccessControl]' and in that section look for 'AdminPassword=' and edit it to say the following:

AdminPassword=<YourPasswordHere>

8- Then save the RedOrchestra.ini file and upload it back into your RO server FTP 'system' folder

9- Stop/Restart your server

10- Open a browser and type in the following:

http://<YourServerIP>:8075/ServerAdmin

And then use the AdminName and Password that you created above to login and walla...you are now the Server Admin!!
Last edited by Petey on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

7earitup
Frag. Not post.

Post by 7earitup » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:24 am

Nice link :)

Petey
No Longer a Newb

Post by Petey » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:29 am

*Updated*

Added a little guide to help set up Server Web Administration...

[gs] quon
GameServers Officer

Post by [gs] quon » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 am

Great write-up - stickied

Trash Can Man
GameServers.com Forum Newb

help

Post by Trash Can Man » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:44 pm

I followed the instructions as indicated but it won't let me login. help please.

Dohfugwimee
No Longer a Newb

Post by Dohfugwimee » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 am

same.... either admin name or password is wrong?
Followed the instructions and password prompy just comes up over and over again

dumba

Post by dumba » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am

Same here... Tech support is supposedly working on the issue, waiting to see what will come out of it... :\

Zetsumei
No Longer a Newb

Post by Zetsumei » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:28 pm

Its highly likely that alot of people requested the use of xadmin so they put it default.

Check if a file called xadmin.ini is on your server all username and passwords are in there ;).

Login with that default should be Admin:Admin.

{5.GJ}Graf

Post by {5.GJ}Graf » Sun May 06, 2007 7:16 pm

Zetsumei wrote:Its highly likely that alot of people requested the use of xadmin so they put it default.

Check if a file called xadmin.ini is on your server all username and passwords are in there ;).

Login with that default should be Admin:Admin.

How can you change that? Delete the file?

tilly

Annoyed

Post by tilly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:21 am

At this point I'm really getting annoyed, and maybe its just because I want to be able to just open my server and play and add things so eaisly but now why would it be that simple! First issue at hand, I try to open the Redorchestra.ini file and it says acess denied! Second matter at hand it will not allow me to copy it to my desktop I am using vista (bleh) so maybe thats the reason why but whatever the case I want it to work and its not!

sallyxi

Post by sallyxi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 am

is the problem of server brand? i just try guess...

dirtyjob
I answer every post

Re: RO Server Setup and Web Administration

Post by dirtyjob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:31 pm

how would a clan give out admin to certain members without having them have more than kick/ban? is this possable with ro2?
24/7 Internet Radio @ http://www.FairPlayRadio.org

DOCO
No Longer a Newb

Post by DOCO » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:41 pm

dirtyjob wrote:how would a clan give out admin to certain members without having them have more than kick/ban? is this possable with ro2?

The easiest way to do this is to allow them access to the Admin Console (ingame). This is not the WebAdmin (browser), but similar to ingame RCON commands. Default available commands via console are:

adminlogin (password)
adminloginsilent (password)
adminlogout
adminkickban (player number) (reason)
adminkick (player number) (reason)
adminplayerlist
adminrestartmap
adminchangemap (URL)

You can go into WebAdmin and on the WebAdmin tab, there is box that says "Deny Console Commands". Add any of the above default approved ones to the deny box to disallow. You can apply a custom password in your ROGame.ini file via FTP under the [Engine.AccessControl] section, AdminPassword=Whatyouwant. You will need to shut down the server to apply changes to the ROGame.ini file, then restart after you have loaded the file.

[169]-Yaroslav

Post by [169]-Yaroslav » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 pm

You can also set up a multi admin ability. Then you can add the specific permissions to either an allow or deny list.

The set up needs to be done in the .ini files and there is a post on the TWI forums about how to do it. It was rather simple, a couple of quick changes and you're done.

Once you complete that it opens up another tab in your webadmin where you can create admins and set the various permissions.

I'd put the link to the TWI thread but the TWI forums are flooded and not working now due to the upcoming release. Once they settle down I'll post it, if you haven't found it first.

dirtyjob
I answer every post

Post by dirtyjob » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:06 pm

that would be great ill await your link, thanks for the responses.
24/7 Internet Radio @ http://www.FairPlayRadio.org