How to turn on BOTS on ro2

General Support & Discussion related to the Red Orchestra series including the UT2k4 Mod & OSTFront 41-45.
jlawsn
GameServers.com Forum Newb

How to turn on BOTS on ro2

Post by jlawsn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

so how the heck in the config do you tell the server to put a bot in each spot where there is not a human? I tried this:
MinPlayers=10 (etc). but i restart and login to play and there are no bots in there

[gs] VDub
No Longer a Newb

Re: How to turn on BOTS on ro2

Post by [gs] VDub » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

If you have not done so already, please submit a support ticket and we will be happy to look into this for you.

jlawsn

Post by jlawsn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:14 pm

this has been closed. so here is the deal: even though you can set your ini to have this info for minplayers via the config link, the support team is the only one able to edit the minplayers property for the startup file. makes sense i guess since they are not going to let just anyone edit that start up (for the server itself) script -

OMANO

Post by OMANO » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 am

To permanently add a number of bot, add the variable "?minplayer=10" (for 10 bots, without the quotes) don't forget the "?" in the beginning of the variable. If you votemap ingame, the bot will stay, but if you admin change map, you have to type the variable again in order to let the bot ingame and then change map.

I think it's a bad idea to change the default minplayer in the start command line of the server because if you don't want bot, you can not kick them. Adding bot with the variable is the good solution. Variable in the start command line of the server STAY and can not be changed with webadmin variable.

stasher
No Longer a Newb

Post by stasher » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:31 pm

his has been closed. so here is the deal: even though you can set your ini to have this info for minplayers via the config link, the support team is the only one able to edit the minplayers property for the startup file. makes sense i guess since they are not going to let just anyone edit that start up (for the server itself) script -
I see. This should clarify everything then.