32 Player server unplayable.

General Support & Discussion related to the Red Orchestra series including the UT2k4 Mod & OSTFront 41-45.
BroadswordUK
GameServers.com Forum Newb

32 Player server unplayable.

Post by BroadswordUK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Guys our RO2 32 slot server is unplayable with more that 6 players on it. With only 6 players on the pings are ok about 44ms as soon as the seventh player joins the pings more than double.

The server is now completly unplayable.

Ticket No: ZEH-212HE

Still waiting on a reply!

[gs] leviathan
GameServers Staff

Re: 32 Player server unplayable.

Post by [gs] leviathan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello,

A reply has been made to your ticket, and the actions discussed there were taken.

BroadswordUK

Post by BroadswordUK » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 am

OK since the relocation of the UK servers we have had terrible ping problems again. I have raised a ticket SCF-036UC the ticket was answered and we have been sitting waiting for 15 hours for you to come back to us with the solution, the server is unplayable AGAIN, and the frustrations of those of us Paying for a service that quite frankly has been WAY bellow par has reached breaking point. Our server remains unpopulated due to those connecting having pings over 200ms from the UK. If more than a handfull of players join then its unplayable to to lag.
How can you expect to leave customers hanging for 15 hours with a uselss server.

BroadswordUK

Post by BroadswordUK » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Is anyone from GS going to take this in hand, this is a realy realy poor show, customer support here has realy slipped on this one, our 32 slot server is UNPLAYABLE in it's current state, once more than half a dozen players join the pings jump to over 200ms for everyone. What new kit did you supposidly stick the UK servers onto?

BroadswordUK

Post by BroadswordUK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 am

Ok this ticket was raised on the 14th, it's now the 16th and the server is still UNPLAYABLE. Absolutly disgracefull level of service, appauling level of support. The entire weekend of use of the server lost.

Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Post by Kazzaw » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:21 am

I've heard Red Orchestra servers are actually quite demanding.. Is this true?
Kazzaw

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

BroadswordUK

Post by BroadswordUK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:44 am

This is from TW's site when they were running up the beta servers.
32 Players: CPU usage - 1 Core of a 2.6 GHZ Core I7 or equivalent (i.e. the server process will take most of 1 core, with a few smaller threads on other cores). We also tested on an Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz and that could handle 32 players but I wouldn't try and do 32 players with a machine much slower than that.

BroadswordUK

Post by BroadswordUK » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Well after having a server unplayable for 4 days we have had to cancel our RO2 server and our BF3 pre-order. This was purely down to the poor support offered here to UK customers. We should have learned our lesson when we had issues with our BC2 and BLOPS servers. Lesson learned im afraid the hard way. Client Communication is critical in any bussiness and unfortunatly it failed in this case. Tickets sitting unanswered for this long is just un acceptable.

A message from anthony on twitter today came to late for us.
gameservers_com anthonyquon
@bighans7213 appears to have been a switch issue on the network segment you guys were on - better communication was clearly needed
I dont expect this topic to stay here long as clearly there is more activity here than there is on the support side of this company.