Help Starting the server

General Support & Discussion related to Soldier of Fortune 2.
Henro
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Help Starting the server

Post by Henro » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:48 pm

I am new to the whole server thing. I started it today, when I go into ftp files I cannot open the files. It is making me save them to view them. It is stating that the path is not found. Also I cannot cange anything on the config files. In one post it is saying there should be a manage button beside my ip address and this is to be used to change server settings. There is no manage button. Just the short cut to the ftp files. Can someone help me. Thanks

Henro

Post by Henro » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 pm

Ok I figured this out. Now can someone tell me how to activate my admin status on the game. I have no mods loaded yet working on getting
them to add rocmao. I know how to do it when rocmod is running but not now. Also how can I get my server to run a mapcycle.

azap
No Longer a Newb

Post by azap » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:10 pm

YO
Well get a Rocmod or OSP or ?? what ever mod you want installed first...
You need to submit a ticket for that....

When Your server is running ask them to install Punbuster (PB) to
Un less you want to play with wallhacks and aimbots :twisted:...

I got some experience with Rocmod , OSP.. and punkbuster to (Not Master Jedi)

for the map cycle ( Before anything back up your configfiles )
add at the end to your config file

seta sv_mapcycle "mapcycle.mapcycle" // mapcycle file name
mapcycle

There is an mapcycle exampel in another post :wink: nee dhelp on that to ? ask

Cheers m8

unknownorigin
No Longer a Newb

Post by unknownorigin » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:44 am

i just got a new SOF 2 server,and i have no idea on how to chnage the server name to the official clan server name instead newclanservers.com,can someone please help me out..???

azap
No Longer a Newb

Post by azap » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:25 am

find your BASE Dir. on the server then find server.config (make a bacup copy to your own computer)
dont loose your original server.cfg

then edit the server.config, find the line called
seta sv_hostname " newclanservers.com " then Write your new name here! between the " "

restart server :wink:

cheers m8

unknownorigin
No Longer a Newb

Post by unknownorigin » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:48 pm

ok i have managed to change my name of the server.. the server is both ROCMOD and PB enabled,but now when i try to get into my server it says on the bottom in red letters "server is for high pings only" and right after that it says "no or bad challenge for address", i do not know what to do from here,can someone help me out with this,i just wan't to start playing with my clan already this is non-sense,someone pretty please with a cherry on top ..HELP ME!!!! PLEASE....

unknownorigin
No Longer a Newb

Post by unknownorigin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 am

ok the other problem is gone now i have a new one ,i just tryed to get in,but ran into another problem ,i didn't see the previous words in red,it instead wen't to the SOF program and said in white letters " could not download "rocmod/ROCMOD-2.1 client pk3 becuase autodownloading is disabled on the server.
the server you are connectiing to is not a pure server,set autodownloading to no in your settings and you might be able to join the game anyway..

what do i do,becuase support isn't really helping me, and the forums aren't much help but maybe someone can help me out there,i would really apprecite it..

thank you veery much

peace love and blessings

UnknowNOrigiN

azap
No Longer a Newb

Post by azap » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:15 am

:lol:

ok take a look at this page

http://www.rocclan.com/index.php

Find the link for the rocmod forum and hit it u will get nearly all help u need.

For the client file

In your sof2 install folder make a folder called rocmod then drop the client file. If u dont have it, then get it from your server via ftp :wink:

hang on in there SOF2 ruels

unknownorigin
No Longer a Newb

ROCMOD ADMINISTRATION PROBLEMS

Post by unknownorigin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:02 pm

ok,my server is up and running,but without bots as of now, now i need help on how to use rocmod admin powers while in the game without bringing up the console, while in the game i press esc then the menu comes up and then i go to the right where it says ROCMOD and i click on it,and then a menu pops up with all these administrative options like map change,classic CTF or CTF ,time change etc and all this i can change at a click of a button and i can use ROCMOD instead of bringing up the console, everything is much easier this way,but every time i tryed to use the rocmod administrative tools,it says in the top left corner that i am not a admin,meanwhile i am the only admin as of now...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME figure out how to use the ADMIN ROCMOD while in the GAME PLEASE???????????????????

azap
No Longer a Newb

Post by azap » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 pm

naqucali

Re: Help Starting the server

Post by naqucali » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 am

The navigation of the term has been done for the citizens. The method of the block and bestessays reviews is done for the approach of the timely success and injunction for the reforms of the patterns of the people.