How to ban

General Support & Discussion related to the Halo series including Halo & HaloCE.
John L
No Longer a Newb

How to ban

Post by John L » Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 pm

How can we ban some players in our game servers?
I want to ban some players that may not have a good connection to the game that causes it to lag and those who do not seem to know what they're really doing in the game.

Spiritwind
No Longer a Newb

Re: How to ban

Post by Spiritwind » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:04 am

Ok 1st you need a console set up go to halo exe the right click go propities then shortcut wer it says target it will have "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesHalohalo.exe" but what you need it to be is "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesHalohalo.exe" -console then click ok you made need admin privilages to do this so wen you done that open up halo & the server then press the key below the esc key it will come up with a little pink halo in bottom left hand corner you need to type sv_ban ............. Then the players name or type in sv_players then the players will show up pic the numper for exsample sv_ban 5 enter

----
Please note this was taken from another website and was not written by myself.

Hope it helps! If not let me know and I will look deeper into it! (I see this post is old, continuing to post this incase anyone has the same question in the future.)