Cannot use FTP..

Chit-Chat about anything you want with fellow gamers within the GameServers.com community.
Sobb
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Cannot use FTP..

Post by Sobb » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:57 pm

I own a Pretty popular server.. and i do find GameServers pretty good with handling support and such, but this is honestly pissing me off..
i cannot remove/add anything from my files on the FTP, i use firezilla,
And Today was a HUGE update for unturned, meaning all dll's from the rocket plugin are broken and to be unbroken, you'd need to replace all the broken dlls..
i did contact support.. 3 days ago.. they said they were fixing something, i thought since its passed legit three days, i'd think i'd be able to add/remove things..
what may i do.. i contacted support once again asking if they can give me my permissions back to be able to add/remove..

koreankid28

Re: Cannot use FTP..

Post by koreankid28 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Try using the Mozilla Firefox FTP plugin. Simply google it on Firefox browser (firefox ftp). Download the plugin, restart the browser, access the info of your server, right click the FTP url and open with FireFTP. I'm currently able to access my files through FireFTP and edit things successfully.

BillM
What's Frag Mean?

Post by BillM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:53 am

Sometimes the files that you are trying to add/delete can't be done while the server is running. Have you clicked the stop server button first? Also I know that gameservers in the past has "blocked" access to some folder levels for stability. This can't be a bit annoying for some as they are vital to change.

yoshisman8

Post by yoshisman8 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Actually, you cant transfer .dll files anymore. its now simply forbidden. Despite being the most common file to handle in unturned.

kekec

Post by kekec » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm

koreankid28 wrote:Try using the Mozilla Firefox FTP plugin. Simply google it on Firefox browser (firefox ftp). Download the plugin, restart the browser, access the info of your server, right click the FTP url and open with FireFTP. I'm currently able to access my files through FireFTP and edit things successfully.
Hi, I use Firefox and i have installed FireFTP but when i click right mouse button and try to click "open with FireFTP" the new window just dont open, can anyone help me please?
Thanks!