Farming Simulator 2017 version 1.5.1 update?

General Support & Discussion related to all games that do not have a specific forum designated.
janfrekv
No Longer a Newb

Farming Simulator 2017 version 1.5.1 update?

Post by janfrekv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:17 am

Any idea when to expect the 1.5.1 update to Farming Simulator 2017 servers? Giants updated today, and rendered our servers unusable since they still run 1.4.4

LlamaFarmer84
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Re: Farming Simulator 2017 version 1.5.1 update?

Post by LlamaFarmer84 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 am

Yeah i'm waiting to hear something on this too....

janfrekv
No Longer a Newb

Post by janfrekv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:57 am

LlamaFarmer84 wrote:Yeah i'm waiting to hear something on this too....
Last responce I got from support, was this:

"... This ticket has been assigned to one of our support admins. They will take care of your request and give you an update when there is a resolution.

We apologise for any delay and hope to have your issue resolved as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

"h4x [GS]"

Filed first ticket over 6 hours ago :(

janfrekv
No Longer a Newb

Post by janfrekv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 am

Are anyone from gameservers.com support even reading posts in here??

[gs] h4x
GameServers Staff

Post by [gs] h4x » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:06 am

Sorry for the delay, there was an error with our update process. This has now been resolved and all servers should be updated.

janfrekv
No Longer a Newb

Post by janfrekv » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:09 am

[gs] h4x wrote:Sorry for the delay, there was an error with our update process. This has now been resolved and all servers should be updated.
Just for info, for later: Just *THAT* kind of information is very important to get out to customers who are waiting without getting any answers. ANY info is better than no info at all. No info leades to frustration, and frustration leads to unsatisfied customers. Unsatisfied customers leads to customers changing supplyer. Personally I know of a few who have changed hoster cause of lack of info.

Imagine the following scenario:
You need to get your car fixed, so you put it in a garage for repairing. Normally the repair would take some 1/2 hour, so after having lunch you return to the garage.

At first you can't find the serviceman so you have noone to ask.
Then you take a walk around the garage, and ask an other serviceman - who tells you he can't say the status of the car - only the servicemanager knows that.

Then when you return to the desk, the servicemanagar is sitting there - so you ask him about the status of your car.
He acts like he doesn't see you are there, but after you start whining yourself up - he looks at you and says "I don't know" and looks back into his desk.

When you later stops by after work, the serviceman still acts like you're not there - until you start swearing at the man. You get the same answer: "I don't know".

Finally, when you get home, you get a phonecall saying your car is ready for pickup. You then swear that this is the last time you've bought this brand of car whos service department is acting so total ignorant.

Being irritated, you arrive the workshop - and are being told that the mechanic that started working on your car had gotten ill so he had to go home, and someone else had to take over the job.

I think most ppl would be happy to get that information in the beginning, and ending up with being more patient with the servicemanager - if one know there is a problem causing the delay.

Moral is, as said before: SOME info is better than NO info. Always.

[gs] h4x
GameServers Staff

Post by [gs] h4x » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:35 am

We apologize for the oversight, we will make sure in future that updates are given to the status of any long term issue that we are attempting to resolve.