UT redirect servers

General Support & Discussion related to the Unreal Tournament series including UT2k4 and UT 99 (including demo).
[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

UT redirect servers

Post by [gs] devicenull » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am

We now offer a redirect service for UT2k4, UT99, and UT3. This can be added to your account via the "Order New" area of your control panel, and is a good replacement for the gameservers.net one that many people were using.
Last edited by [gs] devicenull on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doz
No Longer a Newb

Post by Doz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Why is Game Server not supporting UT3 for Redirect?
FN UT3 Game Admin T5K DOZ

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:45 am

The way the game lays out it's files, and how it's www downloads work make it impractical for us to set it up with our current redirect system.

Doz
No Longer a Newb

Post by Doz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Can you PM the detail of the trouble you have with UT3 Redirect since I can get it UT3 Redirect to work on a FTP site. Its not that hard. :wink:

cookie monster
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Post by cookie monster » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Doz,

Can you explain how you set up the redirect on your FTP? I would like to do the same on my own.

Thanks

Doz
No Longer a Newb

Post by Doz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 pm

You make a folder on your FTP XXXXXXXXX .com called redirect and then make another called UT3 and put your compress maps in there.

You will need to set security so the server can access it.

In your UTEngine near the bottom

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www.XXXXXXX.com/redirect/ut3/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=80
UseCompression=True

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 pm

UT3 support has now been added.

Doz
No Longer a Newb

Post by Doz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Woot that is good news

Lets get this party started :wink:

Katchr

Post by Katchr » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm

I cant get mine to work. I have my own server so when im setting up the ftp info do give it access to the whole UT3 directory or just the custommaps folder. I have given it access to the whole directory but it does not work. As soon as i start downloading a map from ingame (the first download , the sloooooowwwww one) the redirect gives a 404 not found error. This is my current setup

ip:69.90.34.90 ftp username:**** ftp password:****** gamedirectory:\UT3SERVER

I have my ftp server set for the whole game directory which is labeled UT3SERVER. Any help would be awesome

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:16 am

Katchr wrote:I cant get mine to work. I have my own server so when im setting up the ftp info do give it access to the whole UT3 directory or just the custommaps folder. I have given it access to the whole directory but it does not work. As soon as i start downloading a map from ingame (the first download , the sloooooowwwww one) the redirect gives a 404 not found error. This is my current setup

ip:69.90.34.90 ftp username:**** ftp password:****** gamedirectory:\UT3SERVER

I have my ftp server set for the whole game directory which is labeled UT3SERVER. Any help would be awesome
I believe this was looked into in the ticket you opened about this. If that wasn't you, please open a new ticket.

jumperbee
No Longer a Newb

Beautiful!! ^^

Post by jumperbee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 am

The idea to mirror any files on a subscribed game server is pure genius!

Another great idea from gameserver.com and i also discovered lately (i used to be a customer, wayyyyyy before) that you can now edit your startup line right from the control panel.....

Anyways, keep up the great work guys.....

Martin

jumperbee
No Longer a Newb

Redirect ^^

Post by jumperbee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:12 am

Ordered the redirect 2 days ago and i must say that i am very satisfied : ), all you have to do is upload the files to your game and the redirect does the rest, this way you also save upload bandwith..

I think the way it works is when your game request a file that is non existant on GS's redirect it copies it (while your requesting the file), compresses it (for future use) and then sends it to your client..... am i right?

Thanks...

Martin

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Re: Redirect ^^

Post by [gs] devicenull » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:01 am

jumperbee wrote:Ordered the redirect 2 days ago and i must say that i am very satisfied : ), all you have to do is upload the files to your game and the redirect does the rest, this way you also save upload bandwith..

I think the way it works is when your game request a file that is non existant on GS's redirect it copies it (while your requesting the file), compresses it (for future use) and then sends it to your client..... am i right?

Thanks...

Martin
I'm afraid I can't go into how exactly it works, but that's essentially the basics.

Doz
No Longer a Newb

Re: UT redirect servers

Post by Doz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Hello devicenull

I have put new maps on my Public 24 man server, rebooted and added maps to WebAdmin.
Then I get complaints the redirect is not working on the new maps :shock:

I would put a ticket in, but the last time I did that, my WebAdmin stopped working.
I was glad GameServer worked hard to get WebAdmin back online

But I am not sure If I want to deal with that again

Hence the post to ask about Adding new maps.

alex904

Re: UT redirect servers

Post by alex904 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 am

Join the club. I've spent 3 days trying to set up redirect.

Ok, finally I was able to make it work at least for one map. :) I used ut-files.com redirect. It turned out that redirect worked for maps in Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps directory only. At least for me. This is just a pure magic.