Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

General Support & Discussion related to the Call of Duty Series including COD1, COD2, COD4, COD:WAW, United Offensive and Blackops.
badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Re: Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

Post by badbadrobot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:38 am

[gs] h4x wrote:Heh.
Anyway enough of this, I have said this before on another thread. Everyone can express an opinion but please don't turn this into a X is better than Y argument.
A new RCON Tool in active development is a good thing for the community. If you want to fight over which is better please do it somewhere else.
Agreed. If Burrell wants to bash us he can email us.

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 am

[gs] h4x wrote:Heh.
Anyway enough of this, I have said this before on another thread. Everyone can express an opinion but please don't turn this into a X is better than Y argument.
A new RCON Tool in active development is a good thing for the community. If you want to fight over which is better please do it somewhere else.
R&U.

Not trying to "bash" them, just pointing out their mistakes, they still haven't changed anything though.

TracerNZ
No Longer a Newb

Post by TracerNZ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 am

Slabety wrote: 4.) It's asshats like you are the reason that people like me don't want to write **** for communities like this. I saw an area that could be improved on and starting working on a tool that would fix it. I started writing it with the intent of it being for us only. I explained some of the features that I was looking to include to a few people that have servers and they thought it would be good for the community and that people would like it. I am letting it go for free and have no intentions of ever making it needed to be paid for. Even if I copied every fucking feature from BTM and said that sCon sucks (which I do not think it does), why would it matter? Are you paying for it? Do you have soemthing to fear from having another RCON tool to have? No! More options makes better tools for everyone as there is competition. You should be glad that someone else is making another tool. It makes all tool owners work harder to make themselves the best. You just must not understand....

Grow up.
8)

These guys are making this for free in their spare time. If you have a problem deal with it. Don't try and slur them for making the effort.
BLACKOPS.NET.NZ
PUGs at 9:30pm(NZ) most nights on BLACKOPS.NET.NZ PUG/Scrim [Unranked]

KNSkippy
Click my affiliate link

Post by KNSkippy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 am

Slabety wrote:To that order: what features would you expect out of a tool that "supports" unranked?
I don't really have a wish list, but I did find that the "rcon max" tool (no longer in development) had some nice features that allowed you to turn on/off certain things in an unranked server that are not allowed in a ranked server. I would hope that it would at least include the same amount of functionality as that program.

Here's a screenshot of some of those, if you are unfamiliar with the program.

Our Black Ops Server IP's Ranked 173.199.87.164:3074 173.199.86.250:3084 173.199.86.232:3074 173.199.84.12:3084 Un-ranked 173.199.86.138:3074

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

KNSkippy wrote:
I don't really have a wish list, but I did find that the "rcon max" tool (no longer in development) had some nice features that allowed you to turn on/off certain things in an unranked server that are not allowed in a ranked server. I would hope that it would at least include the same amount of functionality as that program.
I did toy with that program back in the MW1 days. I remember it. I think that is a great start though. I should be able to whip something like that up in no time. The basic concept of checking a box to change a value is really simple to implement.

Dubdub2
Frag. Not post.

Post by Dubdub2 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am

Nice always great to have more options, I just think you're a rat entering a sinking ship.
-dubdub<3

Cprl.Rst
Offical GameServers Mascot

Post by Cprl.Rst » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:03 pm

@Burrell

who cares if typos have been made what gives YOU the right to pull them up on it.
YOU sir are nothing but a troll and have proved as much in others forums.

At least he is advertising a free product some other toll makers have been known to cold call on Forums, in Gameservers, And lowest of the low joining Team-speaks to advertise their products.

Grow up and take your non-constructive criticism where it's wanted (so that would be nowhere)

@Slabety
if you could transcode the check boxes into a web api that would be good also
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Need Your Rcon Tool Hosting Contact Me For Details
TreyArch If It Ain't Xbox Don't Fix It

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Cprl.Rst wrote:@Burrell

who cares if typos have been made what gives YOU the right to pull them up on it.
YOU sir are nothing but a troll and have proved as much in others forums.

At least he is advertising a free product some other toll makers have been known to cold call on Forums, in Gameservers, And lowest of the low joining Team-speaks to advertise their products.

Grow up and take your non-constructive criticism where it's wanted (so that would be nowhere)

@Slabety
if you could transcode the check boxes into a web api that would be good also
Apparently they came here for feedback, which is exactly what i gave them. Maybe not what they wanted but still feedback non the less.

I'm not a troll at all, nothing i have said is too untoward.

What does other peoples actions have to do with me?

You can't make me do anything, I'll keep posting as long as i want.

Sorry Admins, I really do hate to take this further away from the topic, but i keep getting "bashed" for pointing out mistakes. And abused for spouting my opinion, whether they like it or not, that's the risk they took when posting this thread before releasing anything!

I gave the forum rules a glance and i haven't broken a single one, however the op has.

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Burrell has been reported for trolling. Thats all he does on these forums. Go bother someone else.

HarryNutz
Frag. Not post.

Post by HarryNutz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm

With BF3 beta starting up in just 3 months and a release at end up Oct... then MWFail 3 coming out in beginning of Nov... I dont see the point in even developing another rcon tool this late in the stage. BO has been steadily losing peoples interest since about 3 months past release and has only gotten worse since then... even more so now with the warm weather in effect.

Also didnt help BO become any more popular when it took the devs 7 months to say they were going to release mod tools, then they say no mapping ability + mod tools would be crippled compared to what we use to get... and on top of that... they couldnt even live up to their 7 month release to date to put out the gutted wanna be mod package.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

HarryNutz wrote:With BF3 beta starting up in just 3 months and a release at end up Oct... then MWFail 3 coming out in beginning of Nov... I dont see the point in even developing another rcon tool this late in the stage. BO has been steadily losing peoples interest since about 3 months past release and has only gotten worse since then... even more so now with the warm weather in effect.
While this is a valid point, even after those games come out - there will be some servers running black ops that need a strong tool to help them run it. Also, if MW3 does go with dedicated servers, you will be able to manage both BO and MW3 from this tool with very little effort. I built it with future games in mind. Once it's live and a few versions come out, I may go and put some support in for older games in as well if there is some interest. I know it would make our lives easier.

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Burrell wrote:
Cprl.Rst wrote:
Apparently they came here for feedback, which is exactly what i gave them. Maybe not what they wanted but still feedback non the less.

I'm not a troll at all, nothing i have said is too untoward.

What does other peoples actions have to do with me?

You can't make me do anything, I'll keep posting as long as i want.

Sorry Admins, I really do hate to take this further away from the topic, but i keep getting "bashed" for pointing out mistakes. And abused for spouting my opinion, whether they like it or not, that's the risk they took when posting this thread before releasing anything!

I gave the forum rules a glance and i haven't broken a single one, however the op has.
And how have they broke the rules if you mean advertising a product as far as i'm aware they are allowed to promote a non profit product.

Yea they came for feed back and you ripped apart their post looking for every little thing that you could pick them up on

Code: Select all

So the only thing it has over btm is cross server management?
as stated it has many features that have not been released yet as it's still in alpha.

on their original post i see 3 things and you pointed out 1

multiple server management
cross-server admin
stats & rank

thats three with more to come

Code: Select all

But it's still a downloaded tool? How can you say that?

Proof or i call marketing bs 
where was the need for this comment your second post in on this thread

if you are going to derail threads then please don't post
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm

HarryNutz wrote:With BF3 beta starting up in just 3 months and a release at end up Oct... then MWFail 3 coming out in beginning of Nov... I dont see the point in even developing another rcon tool this late in the stage. BO has been steadily losing peoples interest since about 3 months past release and has only gotten worse since then... even more so now with the warm weather in effect.

Also didnt help BO become any more popular when it took the devs 7 months to say they were going to release mod tools, then they say no mapping ability + mod tools would be crippled compared to what we use to get... and on top of that... they couldnt even live up to their 7 month release to date to put out the gutted wanna be mod package.
Although i do agree HarryNutz MW3 WILL out sell BF3 so the player base will be there.
IW have hinted on dedicated servers so the tool will have life you have to look at the fact that this release is infinity ward who deliver better games than Treyarch cod4 vs waw no contest there.

Modtools no point if mapping is not included however mw3 20 maps on release if they could allow modtools then the competative community would be very happy. Even if they release a mod like they did with cod4 that can have virtually everything tweaked that would be good
Regards

Cprl.Rst

ZioN822
No Longer a Newb

Post by ZioN822 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 am

Nice work guys!

@burrell, you remind me of the ''CoD and BF Fanboys''. You're a BTM fanboy eh?

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:24 am

ZioN822 wrote:Nice work guys!

@burrell, you remind me of the ''CoD and BF Fanboys''. You're a BTM fanboy eh?
If you're going to try and argue, at least give it more effort than a one liner and run!

*see what i did there?*
Last edited by Burrell on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.