Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

General Support & Discussion related to the Call of Duty Series including COD1, COD2, COD4, COD:WAW, United Offensive and Blackops.
Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Re: Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

Post by Kazzaw » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:04 am

Would love to help develop a php API... Sounds like a great tool.. I subscribed.. Waiting to here something. Hopefully not a major letdown
Kazzaw

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:18 am

TracerNZ wrote:Looks great guys! Am really looking forward to seeing what it can do!
I'll save you the wait, here's their feature list

http://www.blacktomatomod.com/

Oh, and don't forget mutiple server managment.
TracerNZ wrote:Burrell, you are a *******, everything that's wrong with the CoD community in your posts.
Takes a big man to throw insults on a forum!

Lets face it, nothing i said was vastly untoward.

I like it, i really do.

But the OP wound me up with inaccuracies, then trying to back them up.

Infact, he blatantly lied or has not even bothered to research the competitors when he wrote on this site that Paronicon is "The first rcon tool created for Black Ops that manages multiple servers, supports cross server admining, stats and much more."

Which is completely untrue, sConmod has has support for an infinite (in theory) number of servers since March. sCon has its own stats, very soon to be ones that people can put on there own websites.

I'm sure the guys at sCon won't appreciate you putting that on your site....

I'll say it again, i LIKE the tool, but not so the people behind it, or maybe they just come across wrong or have not researched properly before making these statements!

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:41 am

Burrell wrote:
But the OP wound me up with inaccuracies, then trying to back them up.

Infact, he blatantly lied or has not even bothered to research the competitors when he wrote on this site that Paronicon is "The first rcon tool created for Black Ops that manages multiple servers, supports cross server admining, stats and much more."

Which is completely untrue, sConmod has has support for an infinite (in theory) number of servers since March. sCon has its own stats, very soon to be ones that people can put on there own websites.

I'm sure the guys at sCon won't appreciate you putting that on your site....
1.) Not sure what I've done to make that statement be people......I've tried to be nice to you, as idiotic as you have been. You made it pretty clear that you were going to blam the **** out of anything that was said as is proof by the fact that you said "This tool sucks" when it was actually BTM running on the server you were on. Way to fail, and not even admit you were wrong. Herp.

2.) Obviously there are tools that will allow you to manage other servers, but what sets this apart is being able to do it from in game and not through a website (not knocking website admin - I use them, just pointing out the difference). So his statement should have perhaps been "The first rcon tool created for Black Ops that manages multiple servers, in game, supports cross server admining, stats and much more." It should have been gathered by the fact that the next sentence was cross server admining but I guess you reached your word limit for the day and had to stop reading at that point. He was not blatantly lying and simply had a mis-wording that confused you. How is that our fault, and how are we lying? Derp.

3.) There are many features that are not in BTM. I have not yet made a full feature list. To say that we are stealing BTM's feature list is both insulting and immature. I am an engineer by trade and do it for a living. I would never steal someones code or ideas. BTM does not own the rights to RCON tools. Most RCON tools achieve the same thing so obviously there will be overlapping features, but that's to be expected.

4.) It's asshats like you are the reason that people like me don't want to write **** for communities like this. I saw an area that could be improved on and starting working on a tool that would fix it. I started writing it with the intent of it being for us only. I explained some of the features that I was looking to include to a few people that have servers and they thought it would be good for the community and that people would like it. I am letting it go for free and have no intentions of ever making it needed to be paid for. Even if I copied every fucking feature from BTM and said that sCon sucks (which I do not think it does), why would it matter? Are you paying for it? Do you have soemthing to fear from having another RCON tool to have? No! More options makes better tools for everyone as there is competition. You should be glad that someone else is making another tool. It makes all tool owners work harder to make themselves the best. You just must not understand....

Grow up.

Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Post by Kazzaw » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 am

GUYS. Can we please stop the fighting and get back on topic. This is not a school yard for 15 year old children. If you want to fight, add eachother on steam or something, away from the public.
Kazzaw

Using a support ticket is the quickest and easiest way to get a response to questions

I do not work for or am not associated with Gameservers in any way. All information shared is that of my own knowledge gathered and may not be correct.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:52 am

Kazzaw wrote:GUYS. Can we please stop the fighting and get back on topic. This is not a school yard for 15 year old children. If you want to fight, add eachother on steam or something, away from the public.
I would gladly agree. I'm just responding to accusations man.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 am

Kazzaw wrote:Would love to help develop a php API... Sounds like a great tool.. I subscribed.. Waiting to here something. Hopefully not a major letdown
We are working on it every day. Making great progress. The php api should be straight forward. Not everything will have an interface but most of the basic admining should be able to be done through it.

Kazzaw
Frag. Not post.

Post by Kazzaw » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:57 am

Slabety wrote:
Kazzaw wrote:Would love to help develop a php API... Sounds like a great tool.. I subscribed.. Waiting to here something. Hopefully not a major letdown
We are working on it every day. Making great progress. The php api should be straight forward. Not everything will have an interface but most of the basic admining should be able to be done through it.
Sounds awesome. Make sure to give me a yell if you need a hand with anything at all :)
Kazzaw

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 am

Slabety wrote:
1.) Not sure what I've done to make that statement be people......I've tried to be nice to you, as idiotic as you have been. You made it pretty clear that you were going to blam the **** out of anything that was said as is proof by the fact that you said "This tool sucks" when it was actually BTM running on the server you were on. Way to fail, and not even admit you were wrong. Herp.
Very professional, you come on to another companies forums, make an advertisement to try and get some people from BTM because you can't do it any other way. Then because one person doesn't %100 agree with you, you have no option but to call them idiots. I like it.
Slabety wrote: 2.) Obviously there are tools that will allow you to manage other servers, but what sets this apart is being able to do it from in game and not through a website (not knocking website admin - I use them, just pointing out the difference). So his statement should have perhaps been "The first rcon tool created for Black Ops that manages multiple servers, in game, supports cross server admining, stats and much more." It should have been gathered by the fact that the next sentence was cross server admining but I guess you reached your word limit for the day and had to stop reading at that point. He was not blatantly lying and simply had a mis-wording that confused you. How is that our fault, and how are we lying? Derp.
What's the difference between managing multiple servers in-game and cross server admin?

The fact still remains it is not the first tool to have those features.
Slabety wrote: 3.) There are many features that are not in BTM. I have not yet made a full feature list. To say that we are stealing BTM's feature list is both insulting and immature. I am an engineer by trade and do it for a living. I would never steal someones code or ideas. BTM does not own the rights to RCON tools. Most RCON tools achieve the same thing so obviously there will be overlapping features, but that's to be expected.
Never said you stole it, never said btm has any kind of rights, so not sure why your getting worked up there.

The OP said himself it's basically BTM with cross server admining, apart from some features which are so special they can't be spoken of yet.
Slabety wrote: 4.) It's asshats like you are the reason that people like me don't want to write **** for communities like this. I saw an area that could be improved on and starting working on a tool that would fix it. I started writing it with the intent of it being for us only. I explained some of the features that I was looking to include to a few people that have servers and they thought it would be good for the community and that people would like it. I am letting it go for free and have no intentions of ever making it needed to be paid for. Even if I copied every fucking feature from BTM and said that sCon sucks (which I do not think it does), why would it matter? Are you paying for it? Do you have soemthing to fear from having another RCON tool to have? No! More options makes better tools for everyone as there is competition. You should be glad that someone else is making another tool. It makes all tool owners work harder to make themselves the best. You just must not understand....

Grow up.
More insults.

As i have said a few times now, I LIKE THE GODDAMN TOOL!

It's just your attitudes, the way you phrase things and the statements you make that wind me up, suppose we could keep going like a game of tennis but i suspect you'll want to stop arguing soon as it doesn't look to good for you.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 am

Burrell wrote: It's just your attitudes, the way you phrase things and the statements you make that wind me up, suppose we could keep going like a game of tennis but i suspect you'll want to stop arguing soon as it doesn't look to good for you.
Your attitude has been what has gotten us into this state as well. Looking good or bad makes no difference to me. I will still build the tool, and it will greatly benefit us. As I said, I'm willing to call it errors in communication. I'm not trying to be a kid or anything about it. I just want there to be clear indication of what I'm after and why I'm here. I do not want to make money on this endeavor. Not here to become well known. Just wanted to offer my services as an engineer to this community and try and give something back. You just seemed to attack everything we said and had a problem with everything that was posted. I definitely want as many people to use the tool as possible, but only if it benefits them. We posted here primarily to get feedback on what should be in it and let people know it was coming. Not to steal stuff from other RCON tools. I can get traffic to it in other ways. I just thought we were doing the right thing by posting it here. That is all.

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 am

Slabety wrote: Your attitude has been what has gotten us into this state as well. Looking good or bad makes no difference to me. I will still build the tool, and it will greatly benefit us. As I said, I'm willing to call it errors in communication. I'm not trying to be a kid or anything about it. I just want there to be clear indication of what I'm after and why I'm here. I do not want to make money on this endeavor. Not here to become well known. Just wanted to offer my services as an engineer to this community and try and give something back. You just seemed to attack everything we said and had a problem with everything that was posted. I definitely want as many people to use the tool as possible, but only if it benefits them. We posted here primarily to get feedback on what should be in it and let people know it was coming. Not to steal stuff from other RCON tools. I can get traffic to it in other ways. I just thought we were doing the right thing by posting it here. That is all.
I respect you, I really do! Don't think i'm having a go at you personally, just the way you go about things will upset people. Trust me BTM have a MASSIVE fanboy base that will come and do the same as me once they see this.

It's an error in communications that i am willing to keep arguing about until those errors are fixed, simples. No need to get offended purely because i disagree.

KNSkippy
Click my affiliate link

Post by KNSkippy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am

As I stated before. Another group developing for the community is not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Another program only enriches the community. I asked a question, maybe I missed the answer somewhere in the argument that followed.

Will this support both ranked and unranked servers?
Our Black Ops Server IP's Ranked 173.199.87.164:3074 173.199.86.250:3084 173.199.86.232:3074 173.199.84.12:3084 Un-ranked 173.199.86.138:3074

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:47 am

KNSkippy wrote:As I stated before. Another group developing for the community is not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Another program only enriches the community. I asked a question, maybe I missed the answer somewhere in the argument that followed.

Will this support both ranked and unranked servers?
I would like it to. I have not done much with the unranked as we only have one and it's for comp purposes, so we don't do anything strange or unique with it. I am sure there will be some things added after the first release for unranked as I will hopefully get feedback by then.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 am

To that order: what features would you expect out of a tool that "supports" unranked?

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:20 am

[gs] h4x
GameServers Staff

Post by [gs] h4x » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 am

Heh.
Anyway enough of this, I have said this before on another thread. Everyone can express an opinion but please don't turn this into a X is better than Y argument.
A new RCON Tool in active development is a good thing for the community. If you want to fight over which is better please do it somewhere else.