Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

General Support & Discussion related to the Call of Duty Series including COD1, COD2, COD4, COD:WAW, United Offensive and Blackops.
Cprl.Rst
Offical GameServers Mascot

Re: Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 am

Burrell wrote:
Cprl.Rst wrote:@Burrell

just chill matey he has stated it's a beta and not a finished release heck black ops servers are still in beta what with the crashes that are still happening for people. How can someone posting answers to questions you have asked wind you up (you must be pretty easy to wind up) if that the case.
Billy bs'ers do tend to wind me up yeah!
When dan was devloping btm he posted and then took hi9m some weeks to post ss than took him a month or so to for first release.

so using your logic dan was bs'ing on his first post give these guys time
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Need Your Rcon Tool Hosting Contact Me For Details
TreyArch If It Ain't Xbox Don't Fix It

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:49 am

I'm talking about the fact that he's saying it's got features that btm can never have, which is a false statement.

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:51 am

Burrell wrote:I'm talking about the fact that he's saying it's got features that btm can never have, which is a false statement.
well he may have due to the coding language db storage and time constraints it is indeed possible
Regards

Cprl.Rst

hussi
No Longer a Newb

Post by hussi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 am

u guys will support vote system ?`
http://www.HUSSICLAN.com
i can host to u mw3 server with rank and everything u want just for 9 usd everymonth... pm me

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am

hussi wrote:u guys will support vote system ?`
We have been thinking about the vote system. We weren't sure if there was enough demand for it. If we get enough feedback that says that - then by all means it will be in there.

Also, Burrell - I think saying that BTM can never have a feature is bit of a stretch and maybe isn't exactly what was meant when robot was saying it. However, it points out that there are things in Paronicon that will be a while before they can be in BTM due to the architecture that it has. We don't expect to get everyone's support, but to flog us because you don't understand something doesn't seem fair. Not to mention, it's been being alpha tested for a while....just not live on any public servers. Just because you don't understand the code lifecycle, doesn't mean we are doing it wrong.

Cprl.Rst - I'm close to the time thing. It only messes up when there are a lot of rounds that go with no players. Usually in the log when there are multiple sets of rounds getting started. There is some kind of issue when it calculates the last round age to where it's running intval() on a string based number that is too large which will produce -2147483648 (largest int value). Which shows that date. I have shifted my time to Paronicon however, and the stats will sit idle since this is a bigger project. I will get around to it eventually. Also, thank-you for you input and defense against our application. It's nice not to have all fan boys barking down our throats.

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 am

To add to my last post, once we get the feature list set in stone I will post an official post that says everything it can do. Then we want you to tell us what we are missing. What features you would like to see, and how you would like them to work. We are clearly only a small subset of the admins that have needs when it comes to managing black ops servers (and MW3 servers if they go dedicated.....wishful thinking). Any criticism you can provide will only help make a better tool. I know it's hard to get on board with people without a product yet, but I can assure you, we only want what's best for the admin community, hence why it's all free and we are talking to you guys before we release it to get ideas on what we can add.

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 am

@Slabety

Yeah sure no worries i will never degrade anything until i know what they are about can't wait to see what you have so far for it sounds exactly what many (well those not scared off by the b3 hate mongers out there) have been waiting for
Regards

Cprl.Rst

sCon
What's Frag Mean?

Post by sCon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 am

Not a bad thing to have a tool that is under development and as long as you stick at it you will get support. Don't just stay in for a week, get some donations then bugger off for weeks. THEN come back for some more donations, that tends to get peoples backs up :)

The only problem I see is that Black Ops is losing more and more people everyday. I know you said you have every intention of making it work for MW3 but we still have to hold out hope there is support for it .. sigh.

Anyways, Good Luck.
sCon Mod - 100% Online InGame Admin Tool! http://www.sconmod.com
Join us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sConMod

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm

sCon wrote:Not a bad thing to have a tool that is under development and as long as you stick at it you will get support. Don't just stay in for a week, get some donations then bugger off for weeks. THEN come back for some more donations, that tends to get peoples backs up :)

The only problem I see is that Black Ops is losing more and more people everyday. I know you said you have every intention of making it work for MW3 but we still have to hold out hope there is support for it .. sigh.

Anyways, Good Luck.
Thanks for the luck and I intend to be on this as much as I can. I have actually enjoyed writing it so far and look forward to some exciting features that have not been mentioned yet.

I do worry about the dropping in people and hope that MW3 does do the dedicated route. All we can do is hope they don't mess it up.

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 am

@slabety

Would you consider a web interface for the program or what about a layer system?
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 am

Cprl.Rst wrote:@slabety

Would you consider a web interface for the program or what about a layer system?
I had thought of this. The problem with providing a web interface is that a lot of people would have trouble with configuration of a web server (as I would not want to provide one, as supporting them can be a hassle). It is not off the table yet, I just don't believe it will be in the BETA or in the first release. A lot of projects I build have web based interfaces and I think it makes configuration, management, and configuration a lot simpler (ease of access is amazing). What I had though of doing was just providing a framework that will allow you to host the files that can manipulate the database. (PHP files most likely). You can use these to set settings, send commands, and view server info. You would just have to configuration a config file with how to get to the database for Paronicon. Would that be sufficient?

Layer system has a couple different meanings to me. Care to elaborate on exactly what you mean there?

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 am

@slabety

Thats what i ment via a web interface

The layer on the other hand would be like one admin run the program and he then sets that as a layer which his other admins could connect to via an ip and port to make changes to program don't know if you have heard of procon this has it implemented.

with that said if the tool could be changed over the web then this wouldn't need to be added asl long as we could set admin and users permissions.
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Slabety
No Longer a Newb

Post by Slabety » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:48 am

Thats what i ment via a web interface

The layer on the other hand would be like one admin run the program and he then sets that as a layer which his other admins could connect to via an ip and port to make changes to program don't know if you have heard of procon this has it implemented.

with that said if the tool could be changed over the web then this wouldn't need to be added asl long as we could set admin and users permissions.
Ideally, I would like the web files to manage that (which it could). However, that being said, it would make the most sense for the computer running Paronicon to be the one hosting the files (for obvious security reasons). Would you want multiple levels of auth? Meaning, Person A can do X,Y, and Z, where Person B can only do X, and person C can only do Y? Or would it be more like, if they have access, they can change anything that is changeable by that access?

Cprl.Rst

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 am

would be idea if it could be configured so we could set admin groups with set perms so yes

Person A can do X,Y, and Z, where Person B can only do X, and person C can only do Y?

would be the better option i think
Regards

Cprl.Rst

TracerNZ
No Longer a Newb

Post by TracerNZ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:01 am

Looks great guys! Am really looking forward to seeing what it can do!

Burrell, you are a *******, everything that's wrong with the CoD community in your posts.
Slabety wrote:

I had thought of this. The problem with providing a web interface is that a lot of people would have trouble with configuration of a web server (as I would not want to provide one, as supporting them can be a hassle). It is not off the table yet, I just don't believe it will be in the BETA or in the first release. A lot of projects I build have web based interfaces and I think it makes configuration, management, and configuration a lot simpler (ease of access is amazing). What I had though of doing was just providing a framework that will allow you to host the files that can manipulate the database. (PHP files most likely). You can use these to set settings, send commands, and view server info. You would just have to configuration a config file with how to get to the database for Paronicon. Would that be sufficient?

Layer system has a couple different meanings to me. Care to elaborate on exactly what you mean there?
Yes, some sort of API would be great, especially a PHP one. I might have to dust off Notepad++ and write a frontend if this happens. :D

Can it be setup to run as a service?
BLACKOPS.NET.NZ
PUGs at 9:30pm(NZ) most nights on BLACKOPS.NET.NZ PUG/Scrim [Unranked]