Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

General Support & Discussion related to the Call of Duty Series including COD1, COD2, COD4, COD:WAW, United Offensive and Blackops.
badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi guys. We like many server admins aren't happy with Black Ops rcon tools. So GSN Gaming is building their own and we've called it Paronicon . It's built for the hardcore admin with multiple servers. It has a HUGE feature list which includes multiple server management (unlike BTM), cross-server admining, stats & rank, player logs, admin action logs, weapon & perk system, in-chat admin, reserved slots, automatic in-app updates and the list goes on (we have some other awesome secret features!). For your heavy BTM users, we'll be even provide a convert too so you can import your player database right into Paronicon.

If your interested in helping beta test this program with us, visit http://paronicon.com and submit your email. A beta release will be out in 1-2 weeks followed by rapid updates. We are super pumped and can't wait to release it.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for quick updates as well. http://twitter.com/paronicon

- BadBadRobot
http://gsngaming.com
Last edited by badbadrobot on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Re: Paronicon - The Ultimate COD: Black Ops Rcon Tool

Post by Burrell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:20 pm

So the only thing it has over btm is cross server management?

WOOP!

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Burrell wrote:So the only thing it has over btm is cross server management?

WOOP!
We have about 4-5 features that we have yet to announce that BTM will never be able to do.

More importantly, Paronicon can run on multiple gaming servers at once. You can only run one server at a time with BTM.
Last edited by badbadrobot on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm

badbadrobot wrote:
We have about 4-5 features that we have yet to announce that BTM will never be able to do.

More importantly, Paronicon can run on multiple gaming servers at once. You can only run one server at a time with BTM.
But it's still a downloaded tool? How can you say that?

Proof or i call marketing bs :D

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Burrell wrote:
badbadrobot wrote:

But it's still a downloaded tool? How can you say that?

Proof or i call marketing bs :D
Yep, and it's a downloadable tool that you'll be able to run on your own computer! Proof soon! :D

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

badbadrobot wrote: Proof soon! :D
Sounds a bit like Treyarch with them mod tools.

How can you possibly say it's something btm can never have if it's the same thing in essence? I find that rather dishonest and pure marketing bs.

Get everyone on board, bit of cheap advertising then let them see you've got one extra feature that Dan from BTM could implement in an hour.

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Guess you'll find out soon!

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:41 pm

badbadrobot wrote:Guess you'll find out soon!
When did you say you are releasing?

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Just went on your servers to check it out,

Didn't see any console messages
It said my rank was 0 even after killing 4 people
Only 5 in-game commands available to players?
No vote functionality?

You've got a busy 2 weeks matey :D

BTM cruises over this, never mind the other tools.

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Burrell wrote:
badbadrobot wrote:Guess you'll find out soon!
When did you say you are releasing?
Read the first post. 1-2 weeks before the beta comes out.
Burrell wrote:Just went on your servers to check it out,

Didn't see any console messages
It said my rank was 0 even after killing 4 people
Only 5 in-game commands available to players?
No vote functionality?

You've got a busy 2 weeks matey :D

BTM cruises over this, never mind the other tools.
Paronicon is not running on our public servers. Thats BTM we currently have on our servers. Thanks for proving our point tho. Durp.
Last edited by badbadrobot on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KNSkippy
Click my affiliate link

Post by KNSkippy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm interested to see what it has to offer. Will it support Unranked servers as well? It would be nice to have a good tool for unranked servers.

Another rcon tool option only improves things for the community. I'd put it on one of our servers to try it out, and see how it worked. It would be nice not to have so many instances of the same program running.

So long as it is
1. Free
2. I'm able to host it myself.

I'll give it a try.
Our Black Ops Server IP's Ranked 173.199.87.164:3074 173.199.86.250:3084 173.199.86.232:3074 173.199.84.12:3084 Un-ranked 173.199.86.138:3074

badbadrobot
No Longer a Newb

Post by badbadrobot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

We are by no means saying BTM is a bad tool. We use it heavily and think it does an amazing job. It has some short comings that we wanted to overcome so we are writing one from scratch.

1.) BTM is powered by an Access DB which is very slow and very dumb once you have several thousand names in it and it is written in Visual Basic which is a slow language (don't get me wrong - I enjoy VB, but lets face it, it's slow). Paronicon is written in .NET (C#) and is written to be modular. Future updates will require no action by the admin. It will automatically update when it needs to, as well as managing the restarting of the app for you.
2.) In the GSN clan, rank is indicated by /'s. In BTM two or more slashes prevent the commands from being sent to the console. So the topstats and rank commands are cut off after the name like "BadBadRobot ///" and the kill count is left off. The !pl command wont return everything either so getting player info can be a pain. We have to run a web tool in parallel of BTM to fully manage our servers. This is a huge area for improvement.
3.) We constantly have to get out of server to help people on our servers. We are adding the ability for admins to cross server admin. So the command would be something like "!kick <playerid or name> <serverid> reason" and it will remove that slot from that server. There are commands available that will allow you to see the playerlist and serverlist. It will also do what ProCon does for BC2 and accept partial names and figure the rest out.
4.) There are time that BTM will return erroneous stats and 0 kills for everyone.
5.) Having all servers be in one tool allows for easy management. You can still configure the banned items, message rotations, maps, and roles per server. There will be a role (su) that will allow for cross server commands.
6.) It will be able to hook into API's (XMLRPC) to post hacker messages when someone gets banned. It will post the Name, GUID, IP, Reason For Ban, and who initiated it automatically. You can choose to ban from only one server or all with one command.
7.) Opening large logs in the viewer can cause the screen to become unresponsive due to a lack of threading on certain parts of the tool.
8.) The ability to have command to alert admin of problems. People can type !adminhelp to alert an admin by your preferred method (post to site, text message, or e-mail).
9.) Almost all features can be enabled or disabled if you don't like them. The tool should fit our preferences and that is what we are trying to do. We want your help to tell us what you want in it and how you want it to work.
10.) Some features that will be implemented after the first release are:
-Adding custom commands that accept arguments for you to do what you need with.
-Extending what can be done through the API classes that are in place for more things to be accomplished.
-Hooking into stat programs (Ultrastats or the like) (For an example of Ultrastats almost functional for BlakOps look at http://phasechangegaming.com/bostats

Obviously, all of the above can be done by BTM and the creator. However, I'm not waiting if we can have one running in a couple of weeks. By Tuesday/Wednesday of next week, we will post screens and some videos of it in action. Then the doubt will be mitigated. If you love BTM, we are by no means saying you need to switch. Just letting you know that there is an alternative out there. We want your support and help to make a tool that will be awesome for everyone. We are NOT going to charge for it and are not trying to do any trickery. We just want a good tool. Don't you?

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 am

So you're about to launch yet haven't even started testing it yet, sounds good!

I'm sticking with other tools as i see no reason to move at all.

You are making it sound as if it's some magical new tool, when it has 1 thing that BTM doesn't do. Not to mention the likes of sCon and B3 which stomp all over it.

Anyway, enough rage from me. Sorry but you have really wound me up.

Cprl.Rst
Offical GameServers Mascot

Post by Cprl.Rst » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:26 am

@Burrell

just chill matey he has stated it's a beta and not a finished release heck black ops servers are still in beta what with the crashes that are still happening for people. How can someone posting answers to questions you have asked wind you up (you must be pretty easy to wind up) if that the case.

@badbadrobot

sounds interesting i see also that you have the date issue in blackops i've not been able to get hat issue resolved either
Regards

Cprl.Rst

Need Your Rcon Tool Hosting Contact Me For Details
TreyArch If It Ain't Xbox Don't Fix It

Burrell
No Longer a Newb

Post by Burrell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:39 am

Cprl.Rst wrote:@Burrell

just chill matey he has stated it's a beta and not a finished release heck black ops servers are still in beta what with the crashes that are still happening for people. How can someone posting answers to questions you have asked wind you up (you must be pretty easy to wind up) if that the case.
Billy bs'ers do tend to wind me up yeah!