Blackops Log Access

General Support & Discussion related to the Call of Duty Series including COD1, COD2, COD4, COD:WAW, United Offensive and Blackops.
[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Blackops Log Access

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 am

We are now offering a method to access your Blackops log files without having to go through the control panel. This is designed to be used by software developers when they are writing tools, but you can also use it to access your own logs.

In the 'Info' tab of your control panel, you will find a 'View Log URL' link. If you go to this URL, you will see the last 1MB of your log file. You may access this page once every 3 seconds. This does not require that you disclose your control panel username/password to any rcon tool.

Developers:
Please see http://logs.gameservers.com before you attempt to make use of this. It contains important information about restrictions and limitations of this feature.

There are some cvars that may make access to this more useful:
  • g_logsync 1 - This will force the server to clear the log buffer after each event. Doing so will make the log update more frequently when the server has few actions going on.
  • g_logTimeStampInSeconds 1 - This will make the first entry in the log file (usually the number of seconds since the server was started) become a unix timestamp instead.
Updates:
2/23/2011: The delay has been dropped to 5s, and the log size to 1mb.
2/24/2011: The delay has been dropped to 3s.

TracerNZ
No Longer a Newb

Re: Blackops Log Access

Post by TracerNZ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Let me be the first to thank you very much. I've been working on some stats gathering code over the last few days. Unfortunately I'd already written all the code to login to the website and fetch the log the old way but now it is much simpler. :D My server hasn't crashed for a long time either so things are looking up.
BLACKOPS.NET.NZ
PUGs at 9:30pm(NZ) most nights on BLACKOPS.NET.NZ PUG/Scrim [Unranked]

fourtwofour
Click my affiliate link

Post by fourtwofour » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 pm

:O

ZeRoY
No Longer a Newb

Post by ZeRoY » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks!

Kraty
What's Frag Mean?

Post by Kraty » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm

That s great i just have to find out a way to retrieve so often on php or something :|

thedeath
No Longer a Newb

Post by thedeath » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 pm

this is great, however:
can you add a button to the control center to change this url.
if someone is stupid enough to put his log url in some random online black ops tracker or whatever,
there's no way to stop that site from fetching the logs every 10 seconds, even after you decided to go with another tool
would be better if users had the ability to change their url (kinda like how you'd change a password to deny access :p)

[gs] devicenull
Frag. Not post.

Post by [gs] devicenull » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

thedeath wrote:this is great, however:
can you add a button to the control center to change this url.
if someone is stupid enough to put his log url in some random online black ops tracker or whatever,
there's no way to stop that site from fetching the logs every 10 seconds, even after you decided to go with another tool
would be better if users had the ability to change their url (kinda like how you'd change a password to deny access :p)
We will add this in the future. In the mean time, you can open a ticket if you require your log url to be changed.

kryp2nite26
Click my affiliate link

Post by kryp2nite26 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Makes me wish that AlterRcon was still under development as they would probably already have this new feature implemented. Thanks GS, we needed this.

MaXXimus
Offical GameServers Mascot

Post by MaXXimus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Is there any tools that even come close to its (AlterRcon) features and functions yet?

kryp2nite26
Click my affiliate link

Post by kryp2nite26 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Not really....a different dev team took up AlterRcon updates but as of yet havent really done anything with it yet.

MaXXimus
Offical GameServers Mascot

Post by MaXXimus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Ugh... cant win can we?

kryp2nite26
Click my affiliate link

Post by kryp2nite26 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

I posted this info on the new AlterRcon dev site...waiting for a reply.

SJ777
No Longer a Newb

Post by SJ777 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:28 am

thanks GS - a nice addition that will really help server admins out. Much Appreciated. :)

Now can I talk you into that "syncing servers bans across all servers on the one account" feature? :P

va4leo
No Longer a Newb

Post by va4leo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:53 am

First. Thank you GS. This makes life for us who need to get player GUIDs a whole lot easier. Thank you..
SJ777 wrote:
Now can I talk you into that "syncing servers bans across all servers on the one account" feature? :P

This is not practical imo. The reasons for bans on some servers (mine for example) are not ALL cheats. Maybe a community innitiave to review demos and vote on cheaters for server admins?

Dubdub2
Frag. Not post.

Post by Dubdub2 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:56 am

va4leo wrote:First. Thank you GS. This makes life for us who need to get player GUIDs a whole lot easier. Thank you..
SJ777 wrote:

This is not practical imo. The reasons for bans on some servers (mine for example) are not ALL cheats. Maybe a community innitiave to review demos and vote on cheaters for server admins?
all servers on the one account
-dubdub<3