It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 pm
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:44 am
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Nevermind, I have it up and running. It helps to go to tools and download the dedicated server files. LOL
Anyways, find it in the server browser as MPC Sniper Clan.
-[MPC]aCruceSalus aka Cruce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 am
No Longer a Newb

aCruceSalus wrote:
Joker & Gleedo,
I'm trying to set up a dedicated server running on Win XP. I also downloaded from Steam. Are there any guides to get this running from command line?

Also, I'm a little confused by which maps are for which game mode.
For now I just want to run Deathmatch and the defaults in the config file don't match the options listed at the top of the file.

Here are the options:
!Map(s, s) // map name, game mode name
// map's name are: "Adobes" (for Taos Pueblo in the game), "Civil" (Burnside's Bridge), "Coffeyville" (Coffeyville), "Frisco" (Frisco), "Magnificent" (Magnificent), "PrisonBreak2" (Nogales), "StinkingSprings2" (Stinking Springs), "Tombstone" (Tombstone)
// game's mode are: "historical" (for Wild West Legends in the game), "teamwanted" (Manhunt), "wanted" (Wanted), "deathmatch" (Shootout), "teamdeathmatch" (Posse)

Here are the default settings:
Map("Level001MP", "deathmatch")
Map("Terrain_2bMP", "deathmatch")
Map("King_HillMP", "deathmatch")

I have no idea what that top list of maps is or where they came from because as far as I know there are only 3 available for each gametype in mp.........?

Im assuming you downloaded the server files, so you can basicaly just run the launcher.exe, but you will probably need to open some ports if you are running this from your home pc, or even from a dedi server without tcadmin. You do not need a command line unless you are running servers using TCAdmin.

I am now running multiple servers from TCAdmin on a dedicated server.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Does anyone know how to setup a Private Dedicated Server? I don't see any options from Launcher.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:23 am

If this game can be adjusted to the specs of computers with RAM of below 500MB, it will be like a blessing for those who cannot upgrade their units. This may seem off the topic but this is what I see as the main problem of those who want to experience better online or computer gaming.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:17 am

What happened to all the servers online? My server was up and running fine on a Win XP machine. It disappeared from the server list so I restarted the server. It is now showing up in the server list again, but I keep getting a "Connection To Host Timed Out" message. I also noticed that with the exception of my own server, everybody's' servers have disappeared from the server list except for City Interactives' Servers. CI, please fix this ASAP.

Also, does anyone know if there's going to be a ChromEd for SGW? Will the one for Call of Jaurez: Bound In Blood work? I hate to spend the money on CoJ:BiB just to get the editor. I say if CI is not going to address some of these issues, then at least let the community work on them. Personally I would like to enable prone for MP, disable the stupid radar, and open the maps more. I think FarCry and BF2 are the only FPS that has prone enabled in MP and it has never been an issue. Radar is ok if you first spot someone and then they only show up on the radar for a few seconds. Plus, the maps are way too small and just begs to be a run-n-gun game. I thought this is suppose to be a "Sniper" game and campers are expected. If you don't like the campers, then go play something else. Personally, I like to sneak up on them, which is impossible with that stupid radar. Plus, where are the claymores. Almost every FPS game I have played has given the sniper kit claymores to protect his/her backside.

Okay, I'm done ranting for now. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:49 am
No Longer a Newb

Gleedo wrote:
aCruceSalus wrote:
Joker & Gleedo,
I'm trying to set up a dedicated server running on Win XP. I also downloaded from Steam. Are there any guides to get this running from command line?

Also, I'm a little confused by which maps are for which game mode.
For now I just want to run Deathmatch and the defaults in the config file don't match the options listed at the top of the file.

Here are the options:
!Map(s, s) // map name, game mode name
// map's name are: "Adobes" (for Taos Pueblo in the game), "Civil" (Burnside's Bridge), "Coffeyville" (Coffeyville), "Frisco" (Frisco), "Magnificent" (Magnificent), "PrisonBreak2" (Nogales), "StinkingSprings2" (Stinking Springs), "Tombstone" (Tombstone)
// game's mode are: "historical" (for Wild West Legends in the game), "teamwanted" (Manhunt), "wanted" (Wanted), "deathmatch" (Shootout), "teamdeathmatch" (Posse)

Here are the default settings:
Map("Level001MP", "deathmatch")
Map("Terrain_2bMP", "deathmatch")
Map("King_HillMP", "deathmatch")

I have no idea what that top list of maps is or where they came from because as far as I know there are only 3 available for each gametype in mp.........?

Im assuming you downloaded the server files, so you can basicaly just run the launcher.exe, but you will probably need to open some ports if you are running this from your home pc, or even from a dedi server without tcadmin. You do not need a command line unless you are running servers using TCAdmin.

I am now running multiple servers from TCAdmin on a dedicated server.

Those are CoJ:Bound in Blood maps, i assume they are using their setup and forgot to edit them out.
Hope to see Gameservers.com put these up. I have a feeling support may be just around the corner.
It's all there just waiting to be taken control of..;)