It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:45 pm
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:07 am
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Im sure this post will be removed, but I found this at funservers .com/gameserverscom-game-host-review/

Basically what it says

Quote:
GameServers.com is a make more money than quality host. Having one game server with this host for a month to test quality and support, I found both to be very poor. On a 32 man Counter Strike server, latency/ping was on average of 175 ping/lat with 24 people in the server. Server could never handle the actual 32 spots which were purchased. The normal with just one person in the server was 34. Reason to believe that that GameServers.com are over selling their game server per machine causing lag and high ping times.

Support was almost non existent. Submit a ticket and hold your breath on getting a response from it. When it was responded to, on average, 24 to 48 hours. The ticket seemed to be responded to by a 13 year old kid having no knowledge of how a game server even operates.

Conclusion of choosing GameServers.com for service, would be a very poor choice. Even if you have knowledge of how a game server operates and would need minimum support.

Is this true?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 am
Offical GameServers Mascot

umm well i don't know.. my friend runs a gameserver from www.gameservers.com and it was real smooth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:48 am
Frag. Not post.

I can speak for myself here when i say that i get good service from Gameservers.com. My TF2 server is in the top 50 in gametracker.com and in the top 100 in game-monitor.com. The last ticket i submitted to billing was at 5:20 am and was answered at 10:03 am and everyone knows that billing works monday - friday from 7 am to 5 pm. The last ticket i submitted to support was at 2:07 pm answered at 2:29 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:00 am
No Longer a Newb

I couldn't tell you about CCS games, but I have had zero performance problems with my COD 4 server. The few support tickets I had--I caused the problem or needed help to do something I didn't understand. They were answered quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:06 pm
No Longer a Newb

I have had servers here for over 4 years....
MohAA,Then SH server .
Now I have a Cod4 server...

All have ran SMOOTH.....

I have had servers at AOWC,And VSK
They all seem sub-par compared to here!!!

Last edited by card on Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:47 pm
I answer every post

I was with Gameservers since 2005 and never have any problems! server and support are both awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 am
I answer every post

Every person has a different experience with this host. I don't know if this is because of a different treatment or something else, but my experience with GameServers is great. The pings are really low and I still haven't been able to experience any downtime. Luckily. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:53 am
GameServers Officer

To be fair, it appears that site is an advertising site with financial incentive to push other Game Server Providers and they list no other game server provider reviews on there. Since GameServers.com is a big brand, they are basically trying to land some of the many visitors searching for our name on search engine and push their ads (the site is littered with ads) to make money.

As always, our forums are an open book - we don't remove complaints from our forums since we have nothing to hide.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 pm
No Longer a Newb

crazycop wrote:
Im sure this post will be removed, but I found this at funservers .com/gameserverscom-game-host-review/

Basically what it says

Quote:
GameServers.com is a make more money than quality host. Having one game server with this host for a month to test quality and support, I found both to be very poor. On a 32 man Counter Strike server, latency/ping was on average of 175 ping/lat with 24 people in the server. Server could never handle the actual 32 spots which were purchased. The normal with just one person in the server was 34. Reason to believe that that GameServers.com are over selling their game server per machine causing lag and high ping times.

Support was almost non existent. Submit a ticket and hold your breath on getting a response from it. When it was responded to, on average, 24 to 48 hours. The ticket seemed to be responded to by a 13 year old kid having no knowledge of how a game server even operates.

Conclusion of choosing GameServers.com for service, would be a very poor choice. Even if you have knowledge of how a game server operates and would need minimum support.

Is this true?

No offence here but i agree, i bough like 3-2 times a halo ce gameservers and it was laggin. I had to change many times before I had a decent server. I would also add that the support ticket i weak in a sense that in weekends, you won't never be answered. But i always find the support tickets helpfull. But anyway i pick gameservers because it appear to me the safest way to rent a server.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:07 pm
I answer every post

Some have a good experience, some don't. It all depends on how lucky you are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:44 pm
No Longer a Newb

i can only speak for myself ,I had no issues with Gameservers and Lag billing etc what i play is America's Army, which i have a COD4 server which is Smooth.

Edit
Do you think i would be dealing with Gameservers if they had Crappy Service no! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:36 pm
I answer every post

My 32 slots CSS Server is perfect, I run Zombie Mod on it and even full no one lag....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:23 pm
No Longer a Newb

This has been the worst support i have ever got from a server host. I had a server crash after the MEMBERS panel adjustments were made to run a different config that was a selectable config FROM THE MEMBERS PANEL. the server crashed wont re start died.... a total re install ......server is still dead not on line restarted from the members panel server is dead...all they do is send me info about using a different net program, hell I cant even hook to it with a net program the server is dead not running........so I pray tell me, how does MY net program affect a re installed back to new game on the server, when I am not EVEN ABLE to connect to it, its the members panel I am using, it wont restart the server it DIED.......they dont read the support tickets thats clear...here we are almost 6 HOURS into this trading emails back and forth....WTHell ???????????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 am
Frag. Not post.

msgtusarmy,

Sometimes there are issues with changing your adjustments from the members panel. Sometimes the server will not read these settings causing it to crash. If your program is causing the server to crash then you have no option other than to change the program you are using, some programs are just not compatible with it.

Sorry that its taken you this long to resolve your issue

If I have helped you at all, Please consider using my ref banner for your next server purchase :)

In need of a Teamspeak Server but can't afford one? Use our public one! ts3.awpgaming.com:9333 Syd,Aus
Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/awpkazzaw
Xfire: clearestbeef
E-mail: kazzaw@awpgaming.com