PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm 
No Longer a Newb

st0ne wrote:
Im still waiting for an answer on the in-game command console.

I've posted in another thread with no answer, and since it's an "admin" issue, i'll try here. A simple yes/no/unsure will at least let me know someone's "looked" at my question ;)

Currently, we're using bc2cc for command console stuff. I'd like to know how to bring up the "in game command console" so i can use rcon within the game. Apparently "tilde" does not work.

Thanks in advance.

i am wondering the same thing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm 
GameServers Officer

I don't think there are any plans for an in game console. Everything will be done externally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] quon wrote:
I don't think there are any plans for an in game console. Everything will be done externally.

well then how do you add admins? or keep people from useing your tags in your server?
No way to autobalance? it appears there is next to no control of game settings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 pm 
No Longer a Newb

I have to chime in here, game servers admins the startup.txt file you have implemented does not affect the setting on the server. Settings set in this file have no affect on changing variables on the server.

I keep seeing game servers personnel telling users to bring up the config editor and add variables directly to it like there is an option to do so. There is not! it is a pull down tab to toggle it on or off, please stop confusing users asking them to edit this file directly like you can in the maps.list file.

Currently the only way to get your HC and other setting to be put on is using the admin tool to toggle them on or of, you then have to restart the map via the tool for "all" of the setting you made to take affect. If your server reboots or crashes then you have to do this process all over again.

So far the following things "are" working in your control panel
Banner URL (512x64 PNG):
Remote Admin Password:
Server Description: Limited characters.
Server Name:
maps.list

Not working is the startup.txt

Also there is a problem as stated in other posts with the server crashing at random times, sometimes when it is fully loaded and other time when it is not. This keeps happening over and over, please put some pressure on the EA devs to fix this issue.

www.jtsquad.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:59 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

jtsniper wrote:
I have to chime in here, game servers admins the startup.txt file you have implemented does not affect the setting on the server. Settings set in this file have no affect on changing variables on the server.

I keep seeing game servers personnel telling users to bring up the config editor and add variables directly to it like there is an option to do so. There is not! it is a pull down tab to toggle it on or off, please stop confusing users asking them to edit this file directly like you can in the maps.list file.

Currently the only way to get your HC and other setting to be put on is using the admin tool to toggle them on or of, you then have to restart the map via the tool for "all" of the setting you made to take affect. If your server reboots or crashes then you have to do this process all over again.

So far the following things "are" working in your control panel
Banner URL (512x64 PNG):
Remote Admin Password:
Server Description: Limited characters.
Server Name:
maps.list

Not working is the startup.txt

THANK YOU! This is same problem I've been trying to work around the last 12 hours! Glad I'm not the only one. What admin tool are you using to change it to HC because the startup.txt is NOT WORKING/SAVING! I would also think after "installing" the 5 different options under the "MODS" tab the yellow "install" option would go away, replaced with an "uninstall" option. But it's as if it's just not registering.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 am 
No Longer a Newb

np man im using http://www.bc2cc.com/downloads.html you dont have install any of those mods to get it to work im not sure why those are even under the modes tab, there all included in the server aren't they?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:12 am 
Offical GameServers Mascot

when can we expect to have the ability to change settings like HardCore and not have to keep restarting the stinken server and restarting the map to get it working? Same with bans... when we gonna be able to ban someone and not lose those bans on restart?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 am 
No Longer a Newb

Id be happy is the server woulds top crashing what are the mod tabs for why would we need to install those? they are already on the server. This whole dedicated server is a mess makes me wonder why I'm spending my money on something that is completely broken.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:46 pm 

OK my apologies for the newbie-ness in the topic of Gameserver administration, especially map rotation.
Does the map chart mean by example; the only maps available for "rush" are those listed, not the 8 others that come with the game as well. The faqs and posts refer to changing map rotatiom, but do they really mean game type? So the only way to get other maps is to change the game type? Please confirm if I have this right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm 
Click my affiliate link

MaXXimus wrote:
when can we expect to have the ability to change settings like HardCore and not have to keep restarting the stinken server and restarting the map to get it working? Same with bans... when we gonna be able to ban someone and not lose those bans on restart?

After the R4 was installed, I was having problems getting the game back into HC. I went into the Mods tab and re-installed the Hardcore mod. After that I was able to get it back into HC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:16 pm 
GameServers Officer

jtsniper wrote:
Id be happy is the server woulds top crashing what are the mod tabs for why would we need to install those? they are already on the server. This whole dedicated server is a mess makes me wonder why I'm spending my money on something that is completely broken.

An update regarding the crashing issues is here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38908

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 am 

I installed the PB Screenshots MOD, but it does not work. Yes, I used the IP of our server.

Quote:
How can I view my ScreenShots?

There is now an option in the MODS section of your members area where you can set up a virtual directory to view the ScreenShots.

Once you install this option, then you will be able to view your ScreenShots by following the directions below.

Assuming your IP address for your server is 1.2.3.4, you would ener the following link into your web browser:

http://1.2.3.4/1.2.3.4/pbsvss.htm

Obviously, you would replace both instances of 1.2.3.4 with your server IP, but otherwise it should loo the same.

If your IP happenned to be 5.6.7.8, then your link would be:

http://5.6.7.8/5.6.7.8/pbsvss.htm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 pm 

What are the mods for??
And should i upgrade my server to R4 mode??// :shock:
Can you have more then one gametype on the server at the same time :?:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Aklie wrote:
What are the mods for??
And should i upgrade my server to R4 mode??// :shock:
Can you have more then one gametype on the server at the same time :?:
PB Screenshots mod is a anti-cheat mod.

Your server should already be upgraded to R4 by now. GS said they would automatically update everyone by now. They probably need to remove that button from the MODS tab. It's creating confusion.
A server version/status button or View Logs button would be of more use. :P

Mixed mode gametypes are not an option right now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:59 pm 
No Longer a Newb

[gs] quon wrote:
We will be updating our FAQ system with answers to common and not so common questions.

The direct link to the BC2 section is located here:

http://faq.gameservers.com/index.php?action=show&cat=22

Just so you know, almost all of the commands listed in the Game Servers>Battlefield Bad Company 2>Administration>"What commands can I use via rcon?" FAQ are not correct.

This list from badcompanytwo.com is more accurate. It should also be noted that the commands are case sensitive for some crazy reason.

Rent BFBC2 server hosting in a location near you!