PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:45 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

So Space engineers released a new build that pretty much fixes a major portion of things that made me stop wanting to host a server. They have released it under the Dev Branch. The patch is 01.165 DEV. How can I update my server to use the Dev branch instead of the stable branch?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:03 pm 

saaaaaaameeee

if i find a way ill let you know but the only thing i can think of so far is purely uploading all the game server files xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 pm 

Yeah, I requested assistance from Gameservers, and sadly their response was that they simply do not do it. It is really unfortunate as I want to help improve the game as well as enjoy the new features the dev branch has to offer. So far my experience with Gameservers has been rather poor when it comes to Space engineers. They have a very out of date default config file that also has typos in it for the admin section and no branch update support. I signed up for a three-month plan, and feel like I will not be getting my worth out of it. I was hoping that they would be a great option for our community group, but at this time I will be advising my staffers to avoid new contracts with them for Space Engineers servers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:09 pm 

i feel the exact same way, my group will be moving away from them as soon as our month is up aswell, sorry your here for 3. hope you find a good alternative though, good luck

i submitted a ticket and got the exact same response earlier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:00 am 

So no news on whether this is possible, it is the only reason I rented a Server, was due to the new Updates.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:07 am 

they just pushed the dev update to stable so you're in luck

Last edited by APolarBaer on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:18 am 

Nice! I need to roll over to Stable then, thank you for the heads up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:13 pm 

Its nice to see its now stable, but now I can't get game servers to load my world file. It remains on "My world" no matter what I do. The config file they provide by default won't work and is dramatically out of date. I put the folder in via FTP, and changed the config to load the name of that world file but it still fails to load. It only loads the generated world the server made as a default and that world is worthless and void of everything. REALLY disappointed in this service.