Post subject: Dedicated Server option?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

So I have seen the option for dedicated server but the price is a bit steep, my question is that If I already pay for a server with certain amount of players, would that dedicated server that I saw for the price of $199 additionally benefit me in any way? *noob question I know* but I am re-energizing my current server but if it helps with lag and such due to multiple plugins being used than I would assume it does help? Any feedback is much greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:03 am 
What's Frag Mean?

First off, you wouldn't need one of the huge dedicated servers. And to be honest, if you were to go to the maximum managed size, you should be able to run just about any mod or plugin you're looking at. Unless you're looking to run a 200+ slot server with mods.

Even still, go for the basic dedicated server. It'd be more than enough. As for your IP, you'd have to switch it. There's no way to keep the same IP on a new machine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

You can try Okayservers as the best option for VPS and dedicated servers.

We provide high quality unmanaged VPS hosting and unmanaged Dedicated Server hosting, affordable virtual private server located in France and Canada. Our hosting plans are premeditated to deliver the best performance at the most lucrative price.

http://okayservers.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:26 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Don't bother with a VPS for hosting Rust. I tried a VPS (Albeit not via okayservers) and had a bunch of CPU spike lag once more than 50 players connected. You will definitely want to go with a Dedicated server if you don't go with the managed solution.