PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

100 Slot Rust Server. They started yesterday and I have to manually restart the server each time. Had 1 crash in the afternoon with a decent population going. I managed to catch it about a hour after it happened. Then it crashed again at 3:30am and I didn't notice until I came home from work @ 4pm!! Restarted it manually and it went down again about an hour later. Then almost 4 hours later, population at 52/100, it did it again. That time I was in game. Basically what happens is you just become unable to pick-up or interact with any items.

RustAdmin remains connected the the server the whole time. But nothing will show after the crash time in the console. It also will look like players are still connected to the server in RustAdmin.

Entity count is just over 71k. I don't see anything in gs_crash.log but from reading the forums it looks like I need to remove the -nologs from the command line. I do highly doubt I'm hitting a RAM limit as I've had plenty of wipe cycles with nearly 100k entities.

Any help or suggestions? I've already submitted a support ticket, but it's been almost 4 hours and no reply yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 pm 

Had another crash about 20 mins ago. Still no reply to my support ticket. I see nothing in my console logs that would be a pattern or repeat event that causes it. My players are pissed off and I'm losing population. Really want some answers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:30 am 

Multiple Crashes today. They are very random. No response to my support ticket yet! It has been 18 hours since I submitted the ticket.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Firstly - if you're not seeing anything in the GS_Crash log, you are not hitting the RAM limit. The only thing I can think of is the following:

1) Check to make sure all your mods are up to date and check the forums of each of your bigger mods to see if anyone else is having an issue.

2) You may be on a server that has a pretty heavy load, so they may need to move you to another box. It sounds as though something is draining your CPU usage which fits the description of your problem "server hangs, no one can interact, but it shows players still connected." Sounds big time like your server's CPU is being hogged. This is something you should be documenting a support ticket, and receiving a response in a few days.

Check your Oxide warning, oxide error etc logs to see if anything shows up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 pm 

I don't use Oxide at all on my server. Plain Vanilla managed with RustAdmin.

I'm gonna try to do a Reinstall with the Full Wipe box checked. There could be something in my current wipe cycle map/navmesh ai related that's causing a "hang" where the process isn't locked up, but the game is.

Edit: They offered to give me a new server already. But I've built quite the popular server that has good ranking across a lot of the server tracking websites. I don't want to give up this IP and PORT since that's what ties my server to all those trackers.

I need to get them to fix the box I'm on, I was here first haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 am 

Finally I get some direct info concerning the server box my instance is hosted on. Reply Below:

BEGIN

The machine performance has been healthy, and I do not see any issues that would be causing the mentioned connection problems. There are only a handful of active server instances on the machine, and yours is really the only one utilizing a chunk of the available resources. The CPU load has been consistently less than half of a full load, and there is plenty of memory available. There aren't any restrictions imposed on the CPU usage for the servers.

This would most likely be a software related conflict. I would suggest to give the server a full wipe/reinstall, after backing up your save or any other important files. I would suggest to give the server a test with a fresh save after the reinstall to see if the issues persist. If the server runs well I'd suggest to try applying your backed up save.

END

I will be doing said Full Wipe/Reinstall and starting anew. My community is aware of this, and also hopes that it will solve the crashing. I will post here again a day or so after my planned time of Noon CDT 6-23-17 to report the outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:49 am 

This may help you.

http://oxidemod.org/threads/server-cont ... ory.25979/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

I don't think that link will help him as he said he was running a purely vanilla server. Though I am curious to know if this solution of a full reinstall worked.