PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:05 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I already submitted a support ticket but wondering if I'm not the only one? I understand the new update brings with it navmesh generation that occurs at the time the server starts and takes quite a while. But it has been nearly an hour and I'm still not seeing any signs of life from my server.

Anyone else? Help?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:11 pm 

I'm seeing the same thing, although I've not been waiting as long as you. Seems annoying that there's no convenient way to view logs like some other providers I've used historically.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:48 pm 

Looks like they are rolling out a fix for RUST servers not starting after the update:

https://twitter.com/gameservers_com/sta ... 9633039361

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm 

Anyone else's server also lagging hard now?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm 

Restarted my server about 30min ago and still waiting for it to be available for joining...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:19 pm 

I have updated rust from the GameServers interface, and now my server is locked and does not come back up. Because it is locked, I cannot access the menu to restart it.

I have opened a ticket but no answer yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm 

I can now go in the Config part of the server from the GameServers interface, and I can restart it, but it states that the server is offline.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm 

Do we have an ETA on this?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:58 pm 

People will decide to move to another server if it does not go back up anytime soon... can we please get some update here?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 pm 

Looks like GameServers.com Demo servers are up and running. Am glad you guys took time to ensure they work fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Hey guys, this is my take on the situation - having hosted with GS for almost 2 years now:

1) After hitting the update button in the mods section of the control panel, it can take time. Here's why: The headquarters of GS is in New Jersey I believe. As such, all servers are sort of "remote controlled" from there. That means, if you have a server anywhere else, it takes longer to make things happen. This is why servers on the west coast take a lot longer to update.

2) As for the bootup time. GS servers are NOT using SSDs to my knowledge. As such, the new mesh that Facepunch introduced will cause some significant overhead for the vast majority of servers who do not use SSD.

3) Facepunch also acknowledged this in their devblog.

Unfortunately, these are some of the roadblocks we have when dealing a) with managed servers instead of dedicated and b) dealing with a game that is in Alpha making drastic changes.

Hope this helps some of you.