PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:48 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I have mods but I take them off little by little and still crash... my entity count is 76.6k and it is a 50 slot server and I have 4gb allotted.

My config:

-batchmode +server.ip 104.238.157.54 +server.port 28056 +server.level "Barren" +server.worldsize 3000 +server.seed 245245 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "Battle Royale: 10k|Ton o Mods|Events+Prizes" +server.identity "<removed>" +server.radiation false +rcon.ip 104.238.157.54 +rcon.port 28058 +rcon.password <removed> +query_port 28057 -nologs -load

Is this simply me hitting the limit of the 4GB bc I have too big a map and too many entities???

???

Help Quick

One other odd thing... my server load says this:
Spawning 76610 entities

Yes when I tried to load Auto Purge it says like 58k entities....

GAWD I get 3 different numbers... auto purge is ~58k

and my log shows TWO different numbers so I have no clue the diff:

"Hostname": "Battle Royale: 10k|Ton o Mods|Events+Prizes",
"MaxPlayers": 50,
"Players": 0,
"Queued": 0,
"Joining": 0,
"EntityCount": 35901, <----------------------------------1
"GameTime": "2024-05-10T11:00:06.2759399Z",
"Uptime": 68,
"Map": "Barren",
"Framerate": 0.0,
"Memory": 0,
"NetworkIn": 0,
"NetworkOut": 0
}
(14:12:07) | Spawning 76732 entities <------------------------------2
(14:12:09) | 10311 / 76732

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

How often is this crashing? 76k entities with 4gb and other mods can start to cause stability issues. I was typically able to get upwards of about 90-100k entities with restarts happening every 4 - 6 hours to clear the ram. Don't rely on Auto Purge numbers - It doesn't include everything that Rust spawns on its own i.e. trees. Each tree is 1 entity.

In your FTP, look in one of the top folders for gs_crash.log That will tell you if it's a memory issue.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

To find the gs_crash.log - it should be in your USERID/ruste directory.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:15 am 

It is for SURE a memory issue... are you saying I need to have scheduled restarts every 4-6 hours???

I also see a lot of ppl having issues of restarts... is it possible it is also another issue -- I mean a memory leak in RustIO, Rust , Oxide or one of the mods???

Sorry it is crashing every 4-6 hours but once it crashed 3 times in a 2 hour period.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 am 

I really do not like it when people solve a problem and never return to the post to tell people how.... so here goes...

First off I did not "solve" the crashing / restarting issue on my server but I put a huge dent in it.

Here is what I did:
1. Removed a bunch of random building blocks and randomly placed entities, especially concentrating on abandoned raided bldgs and bldgs of ppl that have not been on my server in a while. This was a manual process that toopk me time but is worth it... autopurge did not work.

2. Lowered entity counts by changing the spawn.density to .3 (we went from about 59k to about 10k)

3. Added the NODECAY mod and used x2 and x3 for wood and twig respectively

4. Added the block removal mod to allow me to remove all twig and wood periodically

I have not so far had a crash.

I am also considering paying for 100 seats but only using 25 (low pop server).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:09 pm 
What's Frag Mean?

Since you are using Oxide, and mods - have you looked at installing the "Auto Purge" plugin? This is great for clearing of abandoned bases and whatnot.

I currently have it set up to automatically remove entities from players who have not connected to the server within 4 days. Depending on your server you can extend the length of time in between checks etc.

You will need to download the following plugins to make it work: Here are all the links.

Auto Purge: http://oxidemod.org/plugins/auto-purge.1566/

ConnectionDB: http://oxidemod.org/plugins/connectiondb.1459/

Basically, ConnectionDB records when a player has last connected, and Auto Purge checks against this in order to determine who gets purged.

Glad to hear you've made progress - how often is your wipe cycle?