Post subject: Reign Of Kings Servers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 am 
GameServers Staff

We are now proud to announce that we are now hosting Reign of Kings servers at GameServers.com.

Please be aware that this game is currently is Pre Alpha and is extremely buggy.

Here is a FAQ for some of the issues we are currently seeing:

Q: I can see my server in the Master Server List, but I can not Join.

A: This is caused because the server binds to all the IP addresses on the server box. The RoK's server list reports the wrong IP to your client, causing the connection to fail. To correct this issue, please open a support ticket and we will be able to move you to a working IP.

This is no longer an issue, and servers should be communicating correctly.

Q: I can join my server via direct connection, but it does not show of the master server list

The following must be in your ServerSettings.cfg for the server to show in the master server list
Code:
isPrivate = 'False'

If it is set to True, the server will only be joinable by IP and Port.

Q: My Server does not start after editing the Permissions.cfg, or any other config.

A: RoK's configuration files are extremely finicky and must be precise. Any error in any configuration, no matter how small will cause the server to not start. The easiest fix is to either replace the file with a known working config, or just delete the contents of the file and restart. The server will then regenerate the file for you and start without an issue.

Q: After adding myself as admin in Permissions.cfg, the server starts, but I can not run admin commands.

A: Check the Users.cfg file and make sure your Ingame name is present in this file. If it is not, run the Rebuild Users Mod under my.gameservers.com and it will build a fresh Users.cfg file including all users who have joined your server. If it is still not working, make sure you double check your Permissions.cfg

Q: How do I go about editing files via FTP

A: This should be used for Advanced users only, read the above question. If you do want to edit or upload your own files, the server MUST be stopped before any changes are made. Make sure you stop the server in the my.gameservers.com control panel. Once you no longer see your server in the server list, after you have stopped the server, then you may make changes.

Q: Why is my server not showing in GameTracker
A: The server currently has no way for GT to currently get any statistics from the server, not even if it is up or down. This should be added by the RoK developers in the future.

Sample Permissions.cfg file with the ingame name gsxvx & SeanM being the admins:

NOTE: MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO EMPTY LINES OR ADMIN WILL NOT WORK
Code:
guest {   # Unregistered users will use these permissions.
    nameFormat = '%name%'
    chatFormat = '%name% : %message%'
    guildFormat = '[00CC00][%guild%] %chatFormat%[-]'
    permissions {
- 'rok.fairplay'
    }
}
groups {
    default {
        default = 'True'
        inherits = 'guest'
    }
    admin {
        permissions {
            - '*'
        }
    }
}
users {
'gsxvx' {
groups {
- 'admin'
}
}
'SeanM' {
groups {
- 'admin'
}
}
} ### << DO NOT FORGET THIS

Make sure that there is no space after the admin user and the '{'. Again, any error in this file will cause your server not to come online.

Q: Do you have a list of ingame admin commands

Command can be typed in the client by hitting [Enter] on your keyboard. All commands begin with a front slash( / )
Code:

/ban [userName] (days|reason) – Bans the desired player from the server. You can set the number of days and/or reason
    /banlist (userName) – Lists the users that have been banned. Optionally via username
    /bettergui – Switches the in-game gui to its alternative
    /build [sphere|cube] (radius) (material) – Creates a shape out of blocks
    /butcher (radius) (“silent”) – Kills all monsters and critter in a radius
    /clearinv (userName) – Clears your inventory or (username)
    /config – Modify the server configuration
    /fly (userName) – Toggles fly mode for yourself or (username)
    /give [item] [amount] (userName) – Gives a specified [amount] of an [item] optionally to (username)
    /giveall – Gives max of every item available
    /godmode (username) – Enables godmode for yourself or (username)
    /heal (username) – Heals yourself or (username)
    /hydrate (username) – Hydrates yourself or (username)
    /instantbuild – Toggles instant building for the local player
    /itemlist – Lists out the names of all of the items. For use with /give
    /kick [username] – Kicks the specified player from the server
    /killall (radius) (“silent”) – Kills all entities in a radius from you. Chests are not destroyed
    /list – Displays a list of online players
    /nosecurity – Toggles security on or off
    /notice [message] – Shows a message from the server
    /nourish (username) – Nourishes yourself or (username)
    /permissions – Doesn’t Appear to Work
    /popup [message] – Shows a popup message to all players
    /question [message] – Shows a popup to all players with a yes or no question
    /say [username] [message] – Forces [username] to say a [message]
    /shutdown – Saves and stops the server
    /stophunger [username] – Stops hunger on yourself or [username]
    /stopthirst [username] – Stops thirst on yourself or [username]
    /time – Controls the worlds time. Use a /help time for full list
    /tp [x] [z] – Teleports user to desired location. Defaults to 0,0
    /unban [username|index] – Unbans the desired player on the server
    /videofly – Toggles flying camera mode
    /weather – Changes the weather for the world Use a /help weather for full lis

More FAQ's to come...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Hello,

Glad to see you guys fixed the Novice editor regarding 'Show in Browser'. That was a lousy oversight.

I do have something to add for the Admin config file. I was lucky enough to finally get SeanM to assist in one of my tickets, and he was correct to look into the permissions file (ultimately it got the server up, I think the original issue was apostrophes around the username) however, when the server came up, my admin rights were not working. I actually had to bring the server offline again and add a space after the username and before the start brace. After I did that, the admin commands began responding.

I would also add that with what appears to be a skill for configuring these files via a webpage that GameServers (GS) has for the server configuration - to prevent these kinds of issues, it might behoove GS to simply put the Users.cfg into a Novice editor.

Thanks,
Brad

Edit:
I'd also like to see an actual server status somewhere on the 'Info' page. Currently there is no way to know if the server is up or not. However, with your comment regarding GameTracker not being able to identify the status or statistics, perhaps that's not feasible at this moment...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:15 pm 
GameServers Staff

0rito,

I just updated the sample permissions.cfg to reflect some changes. The single quote doesn't seem to have and effect, but what definitely does, is any empty lines in the config. Empty lines will not make anyone admin, missing brackets will crash the server.

I'll see what we can do about a novice editor for the Users.cfg.

And you are right, about the service status, usually something we do offer. I'll fool with it a bit to see if i can get any status from it, or query the master list directly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 am 

Hi.

Sorry I have Problems with the Reign of Kings Server. I cannot Stop or Restart the Server.
I push the Buttons but the Server runs and runs.

Regards,

Murmel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:54 am 

Hey,

I wonder why Gametracker do not Support Reign of Kings Server... I took a look at it, but I were not able to find the category of a Reing of Kings Server.
The Thing about the Server Status would be helpful aswell (non GT)

And how about Daily Restarts? How do I configure when the Server restarts? I want to have an Auto Message 15 Minutes before the Restart.

I wonder, since the Control Panel is Kind of.... empty for now.

Kind regards,
Flo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:12 pm 

I was wondering if you had made a novice editor for the permissions config yet or were working on it.

I have tried several times to add myself as admin but I am never able to connect to the server and end up restarting the server to get it back to normal.

I see exactly what I have to do with the Tommy Wiseau example and have everything looking exactly the same as the example.

Heres what i think, when i stop the server to make the changes, edit the permissions.cfg, then click save, should i uncheck the restart server box that is right above save, or leave it checked.

Lifelong gamer, server renting noob.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:38 pm 

KingRainer wrote:
I was wondering if you had made a novice editor for the permissions config yet or were working on it.

I have tried several times to add myself as admin but I am never able to connect to the server and end up restarting the server to get it back to normal.

I see exactly what I have to do with the Tommy Wiseau example and have everything looking exactly the same as the example.

Heres what i think, when i stop the server to make the changes, edit the permissions.cfg, then click save, should i uncheck the restart server box that is right above save, or leave it checked.

lifelong gamer server renting noob here.I also couldn't get admin using this guide.I am a noob but it seems like the spacing is off.I found another guide that worked perfect the first time around and also lists the admin commands. google bluefang solutions admin commands. I just copy and pasted their guide and it worked perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 pm 
GameServers Staff

cursed wrote:
Hey,

I wonder why Gametracker do not Support Reign of Kings Server... I took a look at it, but I were not able to find the category of a Reing of Kings Server.
The Thing about the Server Status would be helpful aswell (non GT)

And how about Daily Restarts? How do I configure when the Server restarts? I want to have an Auto Message 15 Minutes before the Restart.

I wonder, since the Control Panel is Kind of.... empty for now.

Kind regards,
Flo

This was answered in the FAQ. There is no query system for RoK yet, so we have no way of getting any information from the servers. You can go an request that querying be implemented on the RoK forums. Once a query system is in place we can then go ahead and add proper scanning.

Daily restarts are available in your my.gameservers.com panel. In the info section check Daily Restart and pick a time that you wish to restart your server.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:25 pm 
GameServers Staff

KingRainer wrote:

There is currently no plans on making a Novice editor for Permissions.cfg, as the config is too customizable and would cause more issues then it would solve.

The Permissions.cfg that I have provided has been tested numerous times and should be copied exactly into your Permissions.cfg. Restart the server and it should come back online. Go back and replace the SeanM and gsxvx username and restart and your server should come back online.

The checkbox for restart is not needed, nor will it hurt. The server will restart no matter the choice, as configs updated without the server being stopped will cause major issues.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:18 pm 

I would like to say thanks you to [gs] xvx and Tor_more for the help, I succeed in becoming admin. Very prompt and concise info folks, you made my March, and April.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 pm 

So, can anyone tell me, why my server is restarting/crashing like evry 30 seconds.
I Payd for something, not for crashing stuff.

Nothing wrong in configs, Already tryd to reinstall the server etc, nothing works, keeps crashing or restarting or whatever it does.

So please someone explain to me whats wrong!

(Sry for bad english)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 am 

Sugarfree I have the exact same problem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:04 pm 

Makes 3 of us... :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:35 pm 

Seems to be working now..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:09 am 

my server is crashing and restarting over and over also... been going like this for about a hour and a half now