PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:01 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I purchased a server last night, and have not been able to get it up and running since. Now it is offline and nothing I do seems to bring it back.

I would like to be able to play this game without having to host my own server at home, but it does not seem like gameservers has much interest in supporting starbound since their FAQ doesn't have anything at all about the game outside of how to make players admins, and they expect you to fill out a work ticket for each mod you want installed... which they will install at their leisure.

My first work Ticket is UFI-984GN. That is for the server being down entirely.
My second work ticket is VPV-688LA. That is for mods. I want ot be able to copy and paste my mods from the workshop and have it work. If I have to edit the config files to include the mods, that is not a problem, but as it stands now, my copied files are not being loaded and some are actually being deleted. I don't know what is going on over there, but it isn't making sense.

I would like to be able install workshop mods, but there seems to be some confusion about how I would go about doing this. To make matters worse, there is no way to search the FAQ and limit your search to just the game you care about, and the results are all displayed 5 times despite there only being one entry per entry.

Go ahead, search the FAQ for starbound and find one entry, search for starbound mods, find dozens of results but only representing about five entries.... all for other games.