Post subject: About banning players
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 am 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Hi there!
I have a quick question or 2 about banning players.

I've had issues with a player duping and cheating, and after opening a ticket with GS, I have their ''OK'' to kick/ban him because I had strong evidence.

Now, the #exec ban doesn't work for me. The only thing I have tried is #exec ban ''his ID which is a long string of numbers''.

Whenever i type #userlist I can only see 3 or 4 names even if the server is half full. I lose all the other names in the side text and I can't scroll up or down to get his player number.

How do I go around this, get his actual player number, and ban him?

Also, obviously he is pissed that I repeatedly kick him so he reported my server to GS. Even if I have their ''OK'', does the fact that he reported me will get me in trouble? I hope GS keeps tabs on their tickets/reports and I'm hoping I'll be okay with doing this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 pm 

It sounds like you are connecting OK using #login and your RCON password.

Are you using the advanced player list to view players? Press 'Shift' + 'P' to see the list and from there you should be able to use the menu options to Kick and/or Ban players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm 

Shift P! Mother of god....that's all I needed. I feel a bit ashamed now hehe! I'll try it as soon as I get home! Thanks! Much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 pm 

No problem. I'm still learning too.

Do you have a link for where you got the info for "#userlist" and "#exec" commands? I haven't seen those anywhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 pm 

Sure! It's in my bookmarks on my pc. Will send it your way when I get home!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:38 pm 

Hey Mono, could you post the info here publicly? I'm looking around for a list of available commands and I found your post but don't have a way to contact you. :)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:17 pm 

kloux34 wrote:
Hey Mono, could you post the info here publicly?

hey there
this is what I mainly used because I couldn't find anything else. Obviously not all these commands work.
If anyone else has another list feel free to add it to my post for everyone to see.

I can't seem to post an off-site URL because I am a new user so just type bit (dot) ly/1kXwYJf

Cheers!<3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 am 
No Longer a Newb

I would love to be able to ban players. we have 7 confirmed ESP users on our server, and we can't even spawn in without them teleporting to us, and killing us with an infinite ammo M4. in the off chance we're able to kill one of them, they always have hacked gear. Every. Single. Time. Right-shift + P menu doesn't allow us to ban, and the #exec ban doesn't work either. i give up, honestly. can't even play on our own server.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:50 pm 

OMGItzGnaR wrote:
can't even play on our own server.

Nailed it. This is why I did not renew and will not be renting a server anytime soon unless these issues are adressed. I mean, I understand that Bohemia wants to keep a certain control over what happens on the servers but damn. They are well aware of the hacking and they offer nothing to compensate us, honest players and server renters. Sucks big time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:15 pm 

You can't ban players because the terms of service don't allow it currently. You also can't kick players just because you don't want them on your server. Read the Dayz standalone server hosting TOS. You can be reported and your server can be revoked for breaking them. If they are using cheats you can kick, but that's it. Don't like it? Don't pay for a server.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:02 am 

Jlitz020 wrote:
You can't ban players because the terms of service don't allow it currently. You also can't kick players just because you don't want them on your server. Read the Zcode on https://donkeybets.com/my-zcode-system-review with Dayz standalone server hosting TOS. You can be reported and your server can be revoked for breaking them. If they are using cheats you can kick, but that's it. Don't like it? Don't pay for a server.

Why can't you kick players if it's your server? Will kicking players get me banned?

Last edited by Bicky on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:43 pm 
GameServers Staff

To shed some light on this issue, you are able to kick or ban users for just cause.

Just cause would be anything along the lines of the following:

-Cheating or using game exploits
-Using offensive language
-Using network attacks on your server
-Harassment
-Issuing verbal threats

Please note, you can access the rules of DayZ public servers by accessing the following below:

https://dayz.com/files/pdf/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

If you need any further assistance or clarification, please submit the details in a support ticket from within your account at my.gameservers.com/support.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:09 pm 

It seems impossible to kick/ban people now that there is no visible player list on 0.60. Can any gameservers staff confirm the ability to kick/ban?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:45 am 

lilhavoc18 wrote:
It seems impossible to kick/ban people now she posted the phen375 review that there is no visible player list on 0.60. Can any gameservers staff confirm the ability to kick/ban?

I can't figure out how to do it either not that I can't see the player list.

Last edited by Berzie on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:50 pm 
GameServers Staff

Banning is currently disabled for DayZ servers.

Kicking can be done using an RCON client such as DaRT. Please note that if you wish to kick using DaRT you cannot simply right click a player and choose kick. You must use the #login command in the command line of DaRT and then use the kick command.