Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 1
I have other game servers with gameservers.com but I think I really want to add a Minecraft server. I am confused about CraftBukkit vs Bukkit. I read the wikki and it says you need CraftBukkit installed on your server if you want to add plugins but gameservers.com preinstalls Bukkit. Or is it the same in this case?

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
Polonius wrote:
I have other game servers with gameservers.com but I think I really want to add a Minecraft server. I am confused about CraftBukkit vs Bukkit. I read the wikki and it says you need CraftBukkit installed on your server if you want to add plugins but gameservers.com preinstalls Bukkit. Or is it the same in this case?

In this case they are the one and the same.

Bukkit is just short for CraftBukkit.

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm 
Offline
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 9
So the Craftbukkit that comes installed on your server when you buy it is version 1.4.7 and Minecraft is at version 1.5.1 and there is no way to update it as far as I can tell. (even after choosing the "newest/beta version" in the control panel) So unless you want to run a vanilla "official" server or a backdated version of minecraft (your users will have to do this also) with plug-ins then you are essentially out of luck. Am I wrong? If so please explain to me what I'm missing. I see no way to use plugins and the up to date version of Minecraft. (1.5.1) Thanks

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 am 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
chetcpo wrote:
So the Craftbukkit that comes installed on your server when you buy it is version 1.4.7 and Minecraft is at version 1.5.1 and there is no way to update it as far as I can tell. (even after choosing the "newest/beta version" in the control panel) So unless you want to run a vanilla "official" server or a backdated version of minecraft (your users will have to do this also) with plug-ins then you are essentially out of luck. Am I wrong? If so please explain to me what I'm missing. I see no way to use plugins and the up to date version of Minecraft. (1.5.1) Thanks


You're sort of correct. If you are a basic user, yes you will be limited to 1.4.7. BUT if you have access to the Craftbukkit Dev Build you can upgrade to 1.5.1+. Now NORMALLY you can't just have access to the Dev Builds without knowing exactly how to get them. The Gameservers Staff has been nice enough to state where if you wanted to upgrade to a 1.5.1 server you could put a Server Ticket in and since they have all the Ins-and-outs of Minecraft they will upgrade if for you.

Please make sure to back up all existing work before this update as Bukkit 1.5.1+ is still in a "Woohoo! all it does it say 1.5.1" state, meaning there are LOTS of bugs!.

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 9
TyBraniff wrote:
chetcpo wrote:
So the Craftbukkit that comes installed on your server when you buy it is version 1.4.7 and Minecraft is at version 1.5.1 and there is no way to update it as far as I can tell. (even after choosing the "newest/beta version" in the control panel) So unless you want to run a vanilla "official" server or a backdated version of minecraft (your users will have to do this also) with plug-ins then you are essentially out of luck. Am I wrong? If so please explain to me what I'm missing. I see no way to use plugins and the up to date version of Minecraft. (1.5.1) Thanks


You're sort of correct. If you are a basic user, yes you will be limited to 1.4.7. BUT if you have access to the Craftbukkit Dev Build you can upgrade to 1.5.1+. Now NORMALLY you can't just have access to the Dev Builds without knowing exactly how to get them. The Gameservers Staff has been nice enough to state where if you wanted to upgrade to a 1.5.1 server you could put a Server Ticket in and since they have all the Ins-and-outs of Minecraft they will upgrade if for you.

Please make sure to back up all existing work before this update as Bukkit 1.5.1+ is still in a "Woohoo! all it does it say 1.5.1" state, meaning there are LOTS of bugs!.



Thanks for the reply. After a couple of requests they finally got the 1.5.1 build installed for me and yes it does work. So far it doesn't appear too horribly buggy. And anyone can access the 1.5.1 craftbukkit develpment build, just google it. I tried to post the url but the forum software won't let me. Said it looked to "spammy."

Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
chetcpo wrote:
TyBraniff wrote:
chetcpo wrote:
So the Craftbukkit that comes installed on your server when you buy it is version 1.4.7 and Minecraft is at version 1.5.1 and there is no way to update it as far as I can tell. (even after choosing the "newest/beta version" in the control panel) So unless you want to run a vanilla "official" server or a backdated version of minecraft (your users will have to do this also) with plug-ins then you are essentially out of luck. Am I wrong? If so please explain to me what I'm missing. I see no way to use plugins and the up to date version of Minecraft. (1.5.1) Thanks


You're sort of correct. If you are a basic user, yes you will be limited to 1.4.7. BUT if you have access to the Craftbukkit Dev Build you can upgrade to 1.5.1+. Now NORMALLY you can't just have access to the Dev Builds without knowing exactly how to get them. The Gameservers Staff has been nice enough to state where if you wanted to upgrade to a 1.5.1 server you could put a Server Ticket in and since they have all the Ins-and-outs of Minecraft they will upgrade if for you.

Please make sure to back up all existing work before this update as Bukkit 1.5.1+ is still in a "Woohoo! all it does it say 1.5.1" state, meaning there are LOTS of bugs!.



Thanks for the reply. After a couple of requests they finally got the 1.5.1 build installed for me and yes it does work. So far it doesn't appear too horribly buggy. And anyone can access the 1.5.1 craftbukkit develpment build, just google it. I tried to post the url but the forum software won't let me. Said it looked to "spammy."


Ill be forward with you, don't go placing that link anywhere. The DevBuild isn't just something Bukkit wants passed out. Let others find the build on their own.

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm
Posts: 15
Hello,

I can't confirm that this will work but you might try replacing/renaming the Craftbukkit 1.5 Beta build
and uploading it via FTP. I have never tried this however and the end result might result in errors.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 19
I've run into a slight issue, of which only OP's can join the server despite the white-list having no-one listed on it and it off. But i can't download the server.properties to check what the whitelist option is set too; i just get the following lines in ftp console when using the master login details:

Starting download of /ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft/server.properties
Command: CWD /ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft
Response: 250 "/ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft" is the current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to: Binary.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering passive mode (ip).
Command: RETR server.properties
Response: 550 Not enough privileges.
Error: Critical file transfer error

EDIT:
some players can join while others get the message " Not white-listed on server", any suggestions?

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 pm 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
The_Creamster wrote:
I've run into a slight issue, of which only OP's can join the server despite the white-list having no-one listed on it and it off. But i can't download the server.properties to check what the whitelist option is set too; i just get the following lines in ftp console when using the master login details:

Starting download of /ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft/server.properties
Command: CWD /ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft
Response: 250 "/ip/minecraft_cp/minecraft" is the current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to: Binary.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering passive mode (ip).
Command: RETR server.properties
Response: 550 Not enough privileges.
Error: Critical file transfer error

EDIT:
some players can join while others get the message " Not white-listed on server", any suggestions?


You can only edit the server.properties file via the Web Control Panel; http://my.gameservers.com
Also you can use the McMYAdmin at http://[YourIP]:25570 in your web browser
That is the only two ways to edit the server.properties file.
Once you have tried this let me know the results :)

Reason for this:
The only way to prevent players from self editing their amount of players and modding there servers is to restrict file access like that. Gameservers will help you mod/edit all your files with a ticket and a link to the mod/edit you wish to make as well.

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:09 am 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 19
I checked both and i can confirm that the white-list is empty on Control Panel and not enabled on McMyAdmin, but some players still couldn't connect unless i turned off the whitelist; so i add an event to the schedule when the server starts, the command "/whitelist off" is executed.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 am 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
Don't edit the white-list.txt you need to change the server.properties via the Gameservers Control Panel.

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:45 am 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 19
I completely did not see it when looking at the server.properties on the control panel for the last few times i've checked it.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 pm 
Offline
No Longer a Newb

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Volusia County, Florida
They may have edited the CP to exclude it, You may have to create A ticket. It should be in your MCMyAdmin for White-listing. Have you tried that?

_________________
Image
Novum Server; Alive and Kicking! PVP(Safe and dangerous), Economy, Skillsets and more!

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:50 pm
Posts: 1
How can I restart my world?

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:57 am 
Offline
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:52 am
Posts: 3
HELP when I click On the User control panel I cant login! :(

Top
   
    Minecraft Servers on sale now! Buy your own Minecraft Hosted server at GameServers.com!
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


© GameServers.com, All rights reserved. High Quality Teamspeak, Ventrilo & Gameserver Hosting at Cheap Prices!